Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
What happened? Hillary was as strong a favorite as ever! Obama a distant second
What did the voters see that the odds makers didn't about her? How did a such a stellar candidate who was a prohibitive favorite find herself trailing a:

Biracial
Marxist
Terrorist Supporter
Stupid
Racist
Appeaser
No sense of Economics
No sense of History
Inexperienced
Wife with a big butt
Evil looking wife
Not very bright wife
Mean spirited wife
etc

Oh how Hillary oh how did it happen?
OffshoreInsiders Sports Betting Picks

Is she embarrassed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 01:17 PM

485 posts, read 1,455,398 times
I'll tell you why I could not vote for Hillary and I think there are others who feel the same way. It may seem a little strange to some people but if her last name had been Rodham I would have given her a second look, but I would not vote for another Clinton or another Bush. Our constitution states that a person can serve no more than two 4 year terms and, although I know that it is a different person, I think that Bill felt like it was his chance to get another bite at the apple. In the beginning they even suggested the idea of a co-presidency which they later downplayed.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
I'll tell you why I could not vote for Hillary and I think there are others who feel the same way. It may seem a little strange to some people but if her last name had been Rodham I would have given her a second look, but I would not vote for another Clinton or another Bush. Our constitution states that a person can serve no more than two 4 year terms and, although I know that it is a different person, I think that Bill felt like it was his chance to get another bite at the apple. In the beginning they even suggested the idea of a co-presidency which they later downplayed.
I think that is many of us. It would have been the start of 20 plus years of two family rule. That is a scary that it is possible. Once but two families in succession?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
What happened? Hillary was as strong a favorite as ever! Obama a distant second
What did the voters see that the odds makers didn't about her? How did a such a stellar candidate who was a prohibitive favorite find herself trailing a:

Biracial
Marxist
Terrorist Supporter
Stupid
Racist
Appeaser
No sense of Economics
No sense of History
Inexperienced
Wife with a big butt
Evil looking wife
Not very bright wife
Mean spirited wife
etc

Oh how Hillary oh how did it happen?
OffshoreInsiders Sports Betting Picks

Is she embarrassed?

The simple explanation is that Hillary and her campaign administrators badly mismanaged both their finances and their message.

A more subtle explanation would be that her unrepentant vote for the Iraq war prohibited her from effectively being able to cast herself as anything other than "the establishment candidate" in a time when the overwhelming desire of the electorate is for change.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:58 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,568 times
Hee. Hee. Ha. Ha. Classic! I love your list too!

Old 05-16-2008, 03:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
As you've shown in your post, sexism is still acceptable in society. If any of you have daughters, how proud this moment must be! To be able to look at your daughter and say, "You can aspire to be anything you want in life but know you'll have to be perfect to be president -- and, even then, you probably won't win." It's disgraceful.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
As you've shown in your post, sexism is still acceptable in society. If any of you have daughters, how proud this moment must be! To be able to look at your daughter and say, "You can aspire to be anything you want in life but know you'll have to be perfect to be president -- and, even then, you probably won't win." It's disgraceful.
No she didn't win. Maybe it was the right time and wrong woman. Or if it makes you better and we wanted to use gender/race since you did. Maybe it was the right time and the right Woman but a better Black/White Man. There I said it are you happy? Obama won because he was the universal symbol for sexism the universal Man. White, Black, mixed ancestry, Harvard Educated, Articulate etc.
He was the universal Man that all sexist could identify with. Is that it?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The simple explanation is that Hillary and her campaign administrators badly mismanaged both their finances and their message.

A more subtle explanation would be that her unrepentant vote for the Iraq war prohibited her from effectively being able to cast herself as anything other than "the establishment candidate" in a time when the overwhelming desire of the electorate is for change.
All good points. In addition, Obama is handsome, charasmatic, black, and tells people what they want to hear. It's a deadly combination and he's good at it. But then, to many voters, politics is a beauty contest.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
All good points. In addition, Obama is handsome, charasmatic, black, and tells people what they want to hear.
In short, Obama is a better politician than Hillary is--and quite possibly--could ever be. His defeat of Hillary Clinton is nothing short of phenomenal, and he deserves a great deal of credit for that.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
She is trying to get elected by left wingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections