Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:10 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Democrat voting Republican this time.

I can handle the new democratic party who is turning American into a socalist country like France. Time to vote them all out.

I am sick of social programs and what the liberals stand for such as welfare, redistribution of wealth, free healthcare, gay marriage and a large host of other issues I feel the liberals are forcing at us.

Liberalism doesnt work and I am finally smart enough to see what it has done to our country. Its destroying it from the bottom up. Ex: Liberal judges overturning the peoples vote in Calf.

Do not like McCain but will do anything I can to keep the racist, socalist freak, liar, commi loving Obama out of my WH.

Impeach Pelosi and Reid before they ruin us even more.
Hmmm, you don't sound like much of a Democrat, you might want to switch parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 05:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Hmmm, you don't sound like much of a Democrat, you might want to switch parties.
She sounds like a dem to me - one who has seen the light.

Republican voting republican.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:25 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Republican voting Republican!

Old 05-17-2008, 05:38 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,871 times
I am a true Independent who has probably voted Dem as many times over my life as Rep. I cannot remember EVER having voted for a straight Dem or Rep ticket. This time around I will most likely be voting Republican. I just can't understand anyone who says that they always vote for one party or the other. Don't you want to evaluate the individual candidate or are you just satisfied with whoever "YOUR PARTY" puts up. Sounds sort of like automotons to me. I guess if I were philosophically hard right or hard left I would be more inclined but since I am a moderate in almost everything I'm unable to fathom it.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
I would say at the top of the ticket, you would know a candidates political ideology and where they stand on the issues.

That would also apply to House and Senate seats. If a candidate is running as a conservative or republican I would expect that person to adhere MOSTLY to the party platform.

Local elections are more difficult for me personally. Judges, aldermen, councilmen, clerk, etc. I will confess to occasionally pulling a straight "red" ballot.

I already what's in store with a dem/lib. I don't need to hear them waffle and wiggle and try to hide what their true intentions are. To raise my taxes and take more of my money.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:49 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Republican, voted for GB senior, turned Democrat after the Clinton years because of the military policies of Dick Cheney (BRAC, drawdown, more with less) that were continued in the Clinton years, Voted for Nader to vote, but could not really support Gore and never ever would have voted for Bush. Voted for Kerry, and will vote for any Democrat nominee to keep John McCain out of office.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:09 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,871 times
The one thing I know for sure about the November races is that I will vote for a Republican in any Congressional races that I can. I think that the present congress is even worse than Bush, particularly Reid and Pelosi. Unfortunately I don't get to vote on them. I do like both of my Senators who happen to be Rep and think they should stay.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:57 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
Your right, democrats want to steal from others, break the laws and give away food, healthcare and housing so your right I am no longer a democrat.

I am a new member of the republican party, if your read my entire post you would have saw that.

I dont want to be a democrat. The party is a disaster and stands for everything that is wrong in this country.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:02 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Democrat voting Democrat. We cannot afford 4 more years of Bush policies, he has ruined the economy, taken us into a needless war; made us more vulnerable and assaulted the Constitution that he swore to defend. Time for Change! Obama will restore American values and renew the American Dream.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:08 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Democrat voting Democrat. We cannot afford 4 more years of Bush policies, he has ruined the economy, taken us into a needless war; made us more vulnerable and assaulted the Constitution that he swore to defend. Time for Change! Obama will restore American values and renew the American Dream.
She he has, but why vote for Obama who is almost the exact copy of Jimmy Carter with his thoughts.

How can any democrat go after Bush on the constitution? Liberal judges are making laws from the bench and tossing our constitution aside. Liberals want to give criminal terrorist in Git Mo the dame rights as US citizens.

Bush is terrible, we all know that, but Bush will be gone.

Also, the economy was just fine until the democrats took control in late 06.

Change sometimes can be an even worse mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections