Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:57 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times

Advertisements

How can anybody feel that this protracted fight between Obama and Clinton is a good thing for the Democratic Party? At the moment McCain only has to sit back with a notebook and pen and put down all the nasty things that are being thrown at each other by Clinton and Obama. They are doing his job for him. This fight is even turning Democrat voters against Democrats. Talk of i wont vote for the other candidate is increasing and the split in the party is getting worse. Talk of Obama being "sexist" and hillary being "racist" is turning the female and Black voters against the Candidates. If the Dem's want McCain to win in November, then keep up this primary charade and give him all the dirt he needs to defeat the Dem's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
How can anybody feel that this protracted fight between Obama and Clinton is a good thing for the Democratic Party? At the moment McCain only has to sit back with a notebook and pen and put down all the nasty things that are being thrown at each other by Clinton and Obama. They are doing his job for him.
I agree, IMO it's better when the candidate is chosen by the end of March.

However, I doubt that the democrats are doing McCain's job for him. If there's dirt to be found, the republicans know all about it. In a way I think it's better to have the democrats slinging the dirt first so that we all have time to digest it, get used to it, and get sick of hearing about it.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,029 times
what is the "Obama is sexist" talk based on anyway?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Linson
All the racist and sexist talk is based on over wrought supporters on all sides going mad, in my humble opinion. Politics is a game of demographics and statistics, with each playing their hand as best they can. Politics is not personal, despite wish it were sometimes.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:17 AM

A large group of Hillary female supporters have formed an alliance saying that Obama is sexist. They are now actively declaring that if Obama wins that they will acvtively discredit Obama and encourage people to vote for McCain. These are Dem voters. They say that Obama has repeatedly used sexist tactics to destroy Hillary. The word "sweety" was abhorant to them and they think the media also have promoted this.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Linson
All the racist and sexist talk is based on over wrought supporters on all sides going mad, in my humble opinion. Politics is a game of demographics and statistics, with each playing their hand as best they can. Politics is not personal, despite wish it were sometimes.
well put. however, i can see a basis for one stating not so much that the clintons are racists but that they injected race as an issue for political gain. i do not know of any instance where Obama said any sexist remarks or injected gender issues into the campaign for political gain. just wandering if there was any actual basis for this. like geraldine ferraro saying that the Obama campaign has been "extremely sexist". what was that about?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
A large group of Hillary female supporters have formed an alliance saying that Obama is sexist. They are now actively declaring that if Obama wins that they will acvtively discredit Obama and encourage people to vote for McCain. These are Dem voters. They say that Obama has repeatedly used sexist tactics to destroy Hillary. The word "sweety" was abhorant to them and they think the media also have promoted this.
okay. yeah. wow, though! that is really reaching, to make a big deal over calling someone sweetie.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Linson
Nicely stated! That deserves a rep point.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 AM

This sexist and racist talk has no real validity. A black man against a woman was always going to get the loonie supporters claiming it was an issue with the candidates. Hillary knows she has to win over the Black vote away from Obama. She even has a black guy in red boxing gloves standing behind her at speeches to show that the Black voters love her. Obama has women and older people standing behind him to show he has captured their votes. It's politics. It isn't sexism or racism.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 AM

I agree Linson. Obama even had to apologise for calling her sweety. I heard how he said it and it most definately wasn't used in a sexist way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections