Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:17 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times

Advertisements

I would not sit in any church that was spewing anti black rants. She sits there and that is enough for me to convince me that they are both bigots.

Should Obama become our president, I will give him the opportunity to lead our country and remain silent. He will be my president. That is far more than the left will do should McCain become president. They will hang on every mis quote, Cindy's past and fleas on their dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 11:27 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
There's zero proof that there even is such a video. You're being played and used by the boys who know what works with you.

If it's real, the Rove-school dirty tricks boys leaked its existence just for you, to get you all wound up on pins and needles - as you are - and they'll release it if/after he gets the nomination, when it''ll be most effective.

If it's a rumor, it's what Obama was talking about re "lay off my wife." Just another dirty-trick lie like McCain's black love child, etc. - you all need to hold tight and wait and see - if it's a rumor you'll feel silly for being suckered. Again.

Personally I dont think there is one. Why not. 1) The Obamas were well known in Illinois before he started his campaign; such hard proof of a Senator's wife's racism would have made statewide/regional/national news. 3) How come no one goes down to speak to the congregants of that church who would have been around when it happened? How come none of them ever spoke up about it? It would have been legendary even just within the church. 4) Wouldnt Rev Wright have used it, hinted at it, at Michelle's perfidy, in a passing swipe when he had the mike? Why doesnt anyone ask him about it, he seems available for chat.

To sum up, "Whitey" sounds like a typical dirty-tricks catchword, chosen to hit those fear and loathing buttons of yours that they all know so very well as tried-and-true, so they can continue to play you all like pinball machines.

Which is what's exactly happening, IMO. Everything's going according to plan.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:35 AM

PS - the skulduggery the OP quotes from "No Quarter" is just the kind of adventure/ thriller story trash that always plays, year in and year out.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
There's zero proof that there even is such a video. You're being played and used by the boys who know what works with you.

If it's real, the Rove-school dirty tricks boys leaked its existence just for you, to get you all wound up on pins and needles - as you are - and they'll release it if/after he gets the nomination, when it''ll be most effective.

If it's a rumor, it's what Obama was talking about re "lay off my wife." Just another dirty-trick lie like McCain's black love child, etc. - you all need to hold tight and wait and see - if it's a rumor you'll feel silly for being suckered. Again.

Personally I dont think there is one. Why not. 1) The Obamas were well known in Illinois before he started his campaign; such hard proof of a Senator's wife's racism would have made statewide/regional/national news. 3) How come no one goes down to speak to the congregants of that church who would have been around when it happened? How come none of them ever spoke up about it? It would have been legendary even just within the church. 4) Wouldnt Rev Wright have used it, hinted at it, at Michelle's perfidy, in a passing swipe when he had the mike? Why doesnt anyone ask him about it, he seems available for chat.

To sum up, "Whitey" sounds like a typical dirty-tricks catchword, chosen to hit those fear and loathing buttons of yours that they all know so very well as tried-and-true, so they can continue to play you all like pinball machines.

Which is what's exactly happening, IMO. Everything's going according to plan.
Yup, that's my opinion as well.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I suspect the story will soon change to "it's out there but ALL the copies have been bought up and suppressed." With that story they can imply the event took place and chip away at Obama's support without ever producing any actual evidence of it.

Ken

Old 05-22-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'll believe it when I see it.

I suspect the story will soon change to "it's out there but ALL the copies have been bought up and suppressed." With that story they can imply the event took place and chip away at Obama's support without ever producing any actual evidence of it.

Ken
I agree absolutely. It's very smart and must be fun to do actually, if you have no heart. The only way it'll ever become ineffective is if the target audience starts thinking for itself.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:10 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,808 times
IF this tape exists (and that is a huge IF - right now it is just a bunch of Internet rumors being floated around by Obama-haters) then Obama would be smart to release it now and let the dust settle before it really matters in November. As it is now, though, it is a total non-story.

But really, folks, I do have video of John McCain in a threeway with Hillary and a male chimpanzee. I'm just waiting for the right time to release it . . .

Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
IF this tape exists (and that is a huge IF - right now it is just a bunch of Internet rumors being floated around by Obama-haters) then Obama would be smart to release it now and let the dust settle before it really matters in November. As it is now, though, it is a total non-story.

But really, folks, I do have video of John McCain in a threeway with Hillary and a male chimpanzee. I'm just waiting for the right time to release it . . .
Now that is just racist, sexist, classist and egregious! How dare you insult a chimpanzee like that!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:

This whole thing is stupid and is exactly what is wrong with politics. It is also the reason myself and many others won't vote for any candidate this year. As long as the majority of voters are extremely partisan and fall in line with their parties the US will get what it deserves, again, and again, and again.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:26 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
That poor chimp! They promised him that if he made the video he'd get a couple of bananas--how was he to know they meant McCain and Clinton?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:30 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Now that is just racist, sexist, classist and egregious! How dare you insult a chimpanzee like that!
Probably age-ist, too. I hear the video makes it clear the chimp had no idea how old McCain is--and made quite a scene about being put in a 3-way like that. No chimp in his right mind would be videotaped "monkeying around" with an old guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections