Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Clinton supporters bitter, vindictive, sore losers?
Yes 12 30.00%
No 14 35.00%
Most 6 15.00%
Some 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
That's a good question. Let me pose a better one. Would Obama supporters be bitter, vindictive, sore losers who care more about being right and/or winning than improving the state of our country? if something happened at the convention (or before) that would make Hillary the candidate?
There was a time I would have voted for Hillary if she were the nominee. My first choice was John Edwards until he dropped out. When Edwards dropped out, I was looking at both Obama and Hillary and although I dislike Bill, I wanted to give Hillary a chance to explain who she is all about even though I have no respect for Bill. Well, Hillary has disappointed me in so many ways. The campaign she ran was disgusting. Hillary needed to stick to her message and stick to the facts about herself but when she realized that wasn't working, she went on the attack. It was something new everyday. I can go through the many disturbing things she has said against Obama, but at this point, why bother. Her attitude and the things she has said disturbed me before I even became an Obama supporter and now I am at the point where I cannot even listen to her anymore. Anyone who is willing to tear the party a part just to get nominated does not deserve to be President. Her touch talk is getting real old since we all know it's a fight for herself and not the American people. If Hillary was the nominee, I could not vote for her, HOWEVER, never, I mean never, would I even consider voting for McCain. I will sit home or probably write in Obama's name on the ballot which some may view as a vote for McCain but I would never pull the lever for McCain. I will never be a part of his despicable policies and third Bush term. If Hillary ran a decent campaign, yes, I would definitely support her since their policies are very, very similar, but I lost respect for her a long, long time ago. I discovered she is very much like Bill which was disappointed to learn, but it's the truth. I hope the Hillary supporters in the General vote based on their wallet and not with their emotions, as I have said in another post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM

524 posts, read 839,187 times
To honor D-Day?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:37 PM

585 posts, read 2,222,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Not that I believe you actually care in the slightest about why people who support Hillary won't vote for Obama, but since I wrote substantively about it on another thread, I thought I would post it here, as well. You probably won't even read it but at least it prevents you from reducing sentient individuals who have pondered long and hard to knee-jerk, bitter reactionaries.
In response to your quoted: I believe your argument is a little weak but at least it's sane.

However, I doubt Obama said he was going to change everything. Obama is using the term "change" to attract people that are tired of the past 8 years. Personally, I think he's abusing the term quite a bit. Hillary uses the word "change" a great deal as well.

Also, tell me how many politician have not been frustrated and bored with the slow legistlative process.

Nixon and HW Bush were highly experienced politicians. Would you consider voting for Cheney or Rumsfield if they ran for Pres too?

McCain and Hillary are almost polar opposites on the political spectrum. They might share a couple of economic and social issues but that's about it. If you feel comfortable with that, then good for you. To me, it looks like the past 8 years must not be bothering you much.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:45 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblebelly View Post
To me, it looks like the past 8 years must not be bothering you much.
No, I'm just not deluded enough to equate GWB with John McCain. Even if you don't want to take the time to actually compare, by issues, McCain and Bush, simply the fact that the GOP isn't thrilled about McCain being their nominee because he's not "conservative enough" should tell you something.

Oh, and I'm not making "an argument." I am simply stating my opinion and why I've decided as I have. I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees and I'm not trying to persuade anyone to think as I do. I am posting it here only so the OP can't get away with reducing others to products of the emotion (s)he assigned to them.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:01 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
There is NO difference between McCain and Bush's policies(PERIOD). If you want to believe there is, it's an illusion.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
No, I'm just not deluded enough to equate GWB with John McCain. Even if you don't want to take the time to actually compare, by issues, McCain and Bush, simply the fact that the GOP isn't thrilled about McCain being their nominee because he's not "conservative enough" should tell you something.

I'd love to compare and contrast Bush and McCain. What topics do you support McCain on that Bush would oppose? I can think of a few they differ at, such as gay rights, no drilling in ANWR, limits on campaign funds, earmarks.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I'd love to compare and contrast Bush and McCain. What topics do you support McCain on that Bush would oppose? I can think of a few they differ at, such as gay rights, no drilling in ANWR, limits on campaign funds, earmarks.
Then start a new thread.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Then start a new thread.
Hey, I was just trying to help you articulate your reasons for jumping from Hillary to McCain.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I hope the Hillary supporters in the General vote based on their wallet and not with their emotions, as I have said in another post.
Then you don't want to vote for Obama. He is going to raise taxes, big time, to pay for all his entitlement spending. I'd stick with McCain if that's your issue.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Hey, I was just trying to help you articulate your reasons for jumping from Hillary to McCain.
As I said, start a new thread. That's not the topic of this one. I dont need help "articulating," LOL, but it might be an interesting discussion to have, as long as the usual suspects don't rush in with their usual, dismissive, "No, no, you're all just racists."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections