Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:28 PM

524 posts, read 839,299 times

Advertisements

I didn't make any claim I couldn't back up. The first thing you responded to, demanding I back up my "unsubstantiated claims", was a question, genius. I can paste it in here and make you look even sillier if you would like me to. I warned you guys about double-dipping in the kool-aid.....

Jewish people, no matter how liberal they may be, will not stand for anti-semitism. For you to suggest otherwise is insulting to their intelligence as a whole.

As for your golden poll, it clearly states, and I quote: "Jewish Democrats continue to favor Clinton". Who's making claims they can't back up??

Not sure how that article helps you, but it made me happy. keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 01:39 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Do you really believe that Jews will elect someone with direct links to farakhan, the biggest anti-semitic racist bigot in the U.S.?

Surely you jest.
You better get to the 60% plus who support Obama real quick. Maybe they read the New York Times and Wall Street Journal and not City-Data. Maybe they are to intelligent to not be able to research and fall for misleading headlines. Hmmmm is Gallop Jewish?

Old 05-23-2008, 02:36 PM

524 posts, read 839,299 times
That's the best you can do?

Contribute something intelligible or move on, please.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:10 PM

Yup this is lightweight stuff once you post the polls.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:11 PM

As the Detective said just the data Mam.

No Change in Recent Jewish Support for Obama

Hopefully you read it and as I indicated.
Clinton #1
Obama #2 and close

McCain #3

Now that is the data from Gallup and I am sure you can find and post a valid poll showing McCain leading Obama amongst Jewish voters and post it.

Each reader will decide for themselves if they prefer opinion or data to base their decisions on. I am providing for those who like data.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
No Change in Recent Jewish Support for Obama

Hmmm please read and advise if this recent gallup poll supports your assertions about Obama and the Jewish community. Seems like the poll has:
1. Clinton
2. Obama close

3. McCain back further. In fact it appears as others have said that one of the strongest support groups for Obama in a general election is the Jewish community.

Many of his advisors are Jewish intellectuals and Jewish people are well educated and tend to think and analyze data a tad more then Joe Average.
Thank you for your original post showing Clinton in front of Obama by a slight margin and Obama well ahead of McCain. If the general election ends up between Obama and Clinton the data suggest a tough competition for the Jewish vote as of May 7. However if it ends up Clinton or Obama against McCain it appears from the data that the Democrats will retain the support of the Jewish community. I am only responding to the data you provided.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Obama winning the Jewish vote!

According to Gallup's aggregated tracking data for all of April, 61% of Jewish voters would vote for Obama, much higher than the national average of 45% of all registered voters.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Joe who??? A guy that lost not only the election with his name on the ticket but also Florida as well.....Joe Lib is as irrelevant as Pat Riley
Pat Riley! lol!

Old 05-23-2008, 04:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Whatever happened to Pat? Coach of one of the greatest Lakers teams of all time.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Obama has a link to Farrakhan? Not that I know of. They do live in the same city, though. Those of you who are foolish enough to credit a Farrakhan endorsement should remember that members of the Nation don't even vote!

And, of course, you recall that the name Barack is a variant of the Hebrew "Baruch", or, 'blessed'. Yes, I'm sure you knew that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections