Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,164,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
She's married to a politician. I'm sure she's been around. That's experience enough. I'm sure she dodged some driveby shooter's firing in Chicago, sat in on some meetings, Manages a big hospital or something, I know I've seen them travel together - good enough for me.
Are you implying that Barack has been pimping her?

(I'm JUST KIDDING!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
You know it is one thing for all of us to sit around some cyber space forum, corner pub, or out in the backyard across the fence and toss around assertions like, "what if someone were to attempt to assassinate Obama". It is an entirely different thing for a sitting Senator of the worlds most powerful nation to make such casual matter of fact mention of this.
I didn't take it that way at all. She was commenting on things that have happened in June as a reason to stay in the race until June. There may have been other things that have happened in June to Presidential candidates but I sure can't think of any offhand.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:50 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I didn't take it that way at all. She was commenting on things that have happened in June as a reason to stay in the race until June. There may have been other things that have happened in June to Presidential candidates but I sure can't think of any offhand.
Yes, I realize this and I believe I understood what she was eluding to. "What if" type scenario that may happen if one waits as long as possible. While she might have referred to Obama making some stupid mistake or his wife speaking as we all know what kind of trouble that has been so far but, she said something you just don't say in public at that level of the political heap.

In any event, it is the straw the broke the camels back and will resign her to second chair at best. Betcha dollars for donuts this one did her in.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:58 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,592,691 times
Quote:
Are you implying that Barack has been pimping her?

(I'm JUST KIDDING!!)
I'm going to make a note of the fact that your sense of humor occurred today @ 1:37 AM.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,592,691 times
Quote:
Yes, I realize this and I believe I understood what she was eluding to. "What if" type scenario that may happen if one waits as long as possible. While she might have referred to Obama making some stupid mistake or his wife speaking as we all know what kind of trouble that has been so far but, she said something you just don't say in public at that level of the political heap.

In any event, it is the straw the broke the camels back and will resign her to second chair at best. Betcha dollars for donuts this one did her in.

I agree, this really is the end. There's no recovery from this one because of the timing...The comment was just incredibly tasteless. I don't even think the media will suffer her the benefit of the doubt. The party can't handle it, is my bet.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:

Nah. I think those that didn't like her (and there are a lot of those) still don't like her. Those that do like her knew what she meant so it didn't matter. They want her to stay in the race.

It just served to cover up Obama's gaffes for the day. That's why Obama's folks came out with such manufactured outrage.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:58 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,763 times
Quote:
Nah. I think those that didn't like her (and there are a lot of those) still don't like her. Those that do like her knew what she meant so it didn't matter. They want her to stay in the race.

It just served to cover up Obama's gaffes for the day. That's why Obama's folks came out with such manufactured outrage.
Nice try but this is a "huge" Hillary gaffe which tops any Obama gaffe and the outrage is most definitely "justified". It's not just Obama supporters, it's many others who said she made a terrible choice in words to use an "assassination" as a reference to "June". It makes not sense other than the way it came across. WRONG. Well, hopefully the Super Delegates will just close the curtain and tell her it's time to wrap it up because the show is over and the crowd has left the building.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:06 AM

5 posts, read 6,484 times
She should never have apologized!!! I understand what she was trying to say and look who is making a stink out of this? Some skinny yuppie wannbee president who sat in a church listening to "His Pastor" spew hate filled messages about America for 20 years? GO HILLARY!!!!! KICK SOME BUTT!!!!

Old 05-24-2008, 04:06 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
She needs someone to intervene, very soon. If this was a baseball game and she was the pitcher, her manager would walk up to the mound and take the ball away from her, tell her to go sit on the bench, she would throw her glove, and all the players would stay away from her for awhile so she could regain her cool, but at the end of the day, the manager is doing what's best for the team.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:35 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Hillary didnt have to say anything about RFKs assasination. She could have just made reference to his name and said RFK stayed in the race in June. Its a dilerberate attempt to make people affraid to support Obama because of fear of him getting assasinated. Mike Hukabee did the same thing when he joked about Obama ducking after getting shot at. Its tasteless politics at its worst.
You are so right. I had my doubts about what she meant, but after reading a post above yours as to Robert Kennedy running for office and being killed in June, then it makes sense to me that she was saying that Obama could get killed, so she had better stay in just in case. Fear of his getting killed is on alot of Obama supporters, and so evidently her's as well, but with her it is opportunity knocking at her door. Does she know something we don't know? I remember my mom believing that her husband had Foster knocked off. I just hope that nothing happens to Obama, but if it did, I would certainly hold her suspect. If I were him I would not pick her for a Vice President. Reminds me of the LBJ and Kennedy assination. One lawyer that wrote a book on that worked in LBJ's office and said that LBJ had him assinated. Anyway, maybe I am taking this too far, but you never know what really goes on in politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections