Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:40 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times

Advertisements

Obama may say he is going play nice to the Republicans and John McCain during the campaign but if he thinks the Republicans are going to play nice with him, he has go another think coming! The ad attacking his wife in TN and the racist appeal in Mississippi are just the opening shots in a war that will get very nasty.
After the convention, if Obama does not go on the attack, then I am going to donate my money to other organizations such as Move On that are not afraid to attack the McCains (yes Cindy too) and other Republicans rather than to donate it to Obama's campaign as I have until now.
We need to realize we are in a dirty war with very evil people and we need to run the show accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 06:43 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,197,715 times
Obama is thinking of naming a republican as his vp
now there is some logical thinking!!
he just gets dumber and dumber!!
talk about playing to both sides of his big mouth!!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:54 AM

289 posts, read 361,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I haven't heard of this one. I did hear that McCain will have Democrats on his team. What would really be wrong with it anyway. If their is a Republican out their that had the same beliefs and golds. Same goes for McCain if their is a democrat out their that would benefit his term. I don't get your comment.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:40 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,415,980 times
Quote:
The only Republican I've heard speculated about in VP talk is Chuck Hagel and that just in passing. I highly doubt that Obama is thinking seriously about naming a Republican VP. Stop trying to give wild rumors credence just to further your Obama hating agenda.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:56 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times
Quote:
There are a few Republicans that would be OK such as Olympia Snow or Lincoln Chaffee. I would rather have them on my team than Zell Miller or Liberman. But they would have to renounce their membership in the GOP as a condition.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,456,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Obama may say he is going play nice to the Republicans and John McCain during the campaign but if he thinks the Republicans are going to play nice with him, he has go another think coming! The ad attacking his wife in TN and the racist appeal in Mississippi are just the opening shots in a war that will get very nasty.
After the convention, if Obama does not go on the attack, then I am going to donate my money to other organizations such as Move On that are not afraid to attack the McCains (yes Cindy too) and other Republicans rather than to donate it to Obama's campaign as I have until now.
We need to realize we are in a dirty war with very evil people and we need to run the show accordingly.
Wow, relax a little. If you are going to call republicans evil, then you need to show the same hand to the democrats. They are all a bunch of loony weirdo's who are out of touch with Americans.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:27 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,239,503 times
I've heard the Chuck Hagel rumor. Obama would be insane to pick this guy. If he does, I write in Hillary for sure.

Here is a snippet of Chuck Hagel's voting record in the Senate:

He does not support a women"s right to choose

Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation

Voted NO on repealing tax subsidy for companies which move US jobs offshore.

Voted for the bankruptcy bill

Voted YES on allowing lobbyist gifts to Congress.

Voted YES on require photo ID (not just a signature) for voter registration

Voted NO on funding for National Endowment for the Arts

Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers

Voted NO on adding 2 to 4 million children to SCHIP eligibility

Voted YES on limiting medical liability lawsuits to $250,000

Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping

Voted NO on implementing the 9/11 Commission report

Old 05-24-2008, 08:29 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,836,168 times
I heard some talking heads on one of the "yell" shows bring up about Chuck Hagel and almost fell over laughing. Other than being against Bush on the war he votes with the Rs about 95% of the time. When you look at how all the different interest groups (from both sides) rate Senators he is always in the high 90% from the right wing groups and in the low single digits from any progressive entity.

Other than being a Viet-Nam vet and being a realist on Iraq he has nothing to recommend him to the Ds.

I do agree with the OP though. As I wrote in another thread on this subject; (paraphrasing Sean Connery in "The Untouchables"); "you want to know how you get McCain-if he comes after you with a knife, you go after him with a gun, if he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morque, THAT'S how you get McCain." Good advice then, and NOW.

I do remember someone from the Clinton campaign saying back in late '07 that they were a new breed of Democratic campaign, if anyone tried to "swiftboat" them they'd find out how tough the Democrats could be. About time!

golfgod

Old 05-24-2008, 08:32 AM

31,680 posts, read 40,970,152 times
Quote:
Please for once link a source no matter how screwy they may be. We really want to see this one!

Old 05-24-2008, 09:17 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,836,168 times
Whoa; tigerlilly got in while I was posting.

Thanks tigerlilly.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections