Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:06 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,971,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Do you really want to look at which party has the most diverse voters? Get real.

unless your gay, a woman, a black person, a poor person, an atheist or an independent thinker.
This one right here Im sure you can give us some proof that it is not just your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 07:16 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,158,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
This one right here Im sure you can give us some proof that it is not just your opinion.
Of course this is my opinion, the OP asks for our opinion.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,971,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Of course this is my opinion, the OP asks for our opinion.
As long as you know this. Care to share why you formed this opinion?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:23 PM

89 posts, read 305,671 times
Default read up on them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
My county data from wikipedia:

Who of these three best serves our interests, as a county? Who should we elect?

First off, Im not trying to be rude here but voting is a huge priviledge in the USA and its a decision you have to make on your own. You have to think about whats important to you, then look at what they each have to say they want to accomplish, and go from there. You cant ask strangers online or in person and much less any family who YOU should vote for, thats your right and before you bother voting....do everyone a huge favor and look into what you believe in and who best represents most of what you want in the world. There really is no best or worst, Im female but I dont believe any woman will or should be president. Can you see her going thru menopause and nuking everything? hah Anyway, its your choice and if you copy what others say or do or how they vote then you may as well not vote at all. Just take time to read up on each one, the topics would surprise you and youd prob read a ton on them all. I dont think we need a president since he cant do anything without congress agreeing, but thats my own little thought. I am voting tho...its MY right and its the american thing to do. If youre not american but live here now....VOTE! Its your job now!

Old 05-26-2008, 07:28 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,007,408 times
Default proving something is not reason to vote for someone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
To the OP:

McCain is an honorable man who has had a distinguished career. He is George Bush's antithesis. But he is somewhat elderly and his health is questionable.

Mr. Obama is largely untested, with a thin resume. But he represents the opportunity for America to finally provide proof that our country has overcome racial prejudice in choosing its Chief Executive.

I think we have two excellent candidates. Good luck with your choice.
You know, it's sad but I do believe that there are many in America that have voted for Barack Obama - for just that reason. They want to prove how liberal they are... moreover, they want to show the world that they are not prejudiced. It's not about electing the best person for the job... it's more about proving something.

This is not a popularity contest or a time to try to make a statment... there are consequences for our decision.

I am not against having a black president. I would vote for Colin Powell...(or someone like him) if he would have considered running. Colin Powell has the experience and the political background to handle the job of President of the United States.

This election should not be about proving anything or teaching anyone a lesson. It's so much more than that.

Choosing the President is an important decision... it's not the game we've been sold.

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-26-2008 at 07:45 PM..

Old 05-26-2008, 07:40 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefrontgirl View Post
First off, Im not trying to be rude here but voting is a huge priviledge in the USA and its a decision you have to make on your own. You have to think about whats important to you, then look at what they each have to say they want to accomplish, and go from there. You cant ask strangers online or in person and much less any family who YOU should vote for, thats your right and before you bother voting....do everyone a huge favor and look into what you believe in and who best represents most of what you want in the world. There really is no best or worst, Im female but I dont believe any woman will or should be president. Can you see her going thru menopause and nuking everything? hah Anyway, its your choice and if you copy what others say or do or how they vote then you may as well not vote at all. Just take time to read up on each one, the topics would surprise you and youd prob read a ton on them all. I dont think we need a president since he cant do anything without congress agreeing, but thats my own little thought. I am voting tho...its MY right and its the american thing to do. If youre not american but live here now....VOTE! Its your job now!
Men go through menopause too. How can you trust them not to nuke everything?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
You know, it's sad but I do believe that there are many in America that have voted for Barack Obama - for just that reason. They want to prove how liberal they are... moreover, they want to show the world that they are not prejudiced. It's not about electing the best person for the job... it's more about proving something.

This is not a popularity contest or a time to try to make a statment... there are consequences for our decision.

I would have voted for Colin Powell... if he would have considered running. Not because of his party affiliation - but because he has the experience and the background to do the job.

This election should not be about proving anything or teaching anyone a lesson. It's so much more than that.

This is an important decision.
I've got an idea. Let's change the age requirements on American Idol -- then we can vote for the Idol and President at the same time!!!!

Think of all the money we'd save!

Old 05-26-2008, 07:44 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,039,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefrontgirl View Post
[COLOR=red Im female but I dont believe any woman will or should be president. Can you see her going thru menopause and nuking everything? [/color]
I strongly disagree with that line of reasoning. Men and woman both have regular hormonal changes and both are capable of maintaining rationality during said changes. I know many women who have gone through menopause and they haven't destroyed everyone and everything they love. You act as if a woman going through menopause completely implode rather than maintain families, jobs, and responsibilities. That old sexist line of reasoning just doesn't hold any water biologically or socially, that it is still being trotted out as a reason not to vote for a woman is just embarrassing.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:46 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,158,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
As long as you know this. Care to share why you formed this opinion?
Not necessary, I'll let the voter history of these groups do the explaining for me. The real question is, why are they so overwhelmingly democratic?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:47 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,834,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I've got an idea. Let's change the age requirements on American Idol -- then we can vote for the Idol and President at the same time!!!!

Think of all the money we'd save!
...and we'd get a president who can really sing and dance. Hmmmmm.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections