Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,634 times

Advertisements

I heard the tale end today of the news person commenting that Obama is urging his supporters to not demostrate during this meeting Sat about the Michigan- Florida situation. He says that it doesn't think protesters would help the issues. I do agree but then i heard them speaking with a rep from the Clinton side asking if they were paying for people to get there and telling their supporters to protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 06:22 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I heard the tale end today of the news person commenting that Obama is urging his supporters to not demostrate during this meeting Sat about the Michigan- Florida situation. He says that it doesn't think protesters would help the issues. I do agree but then i heard them speaking with a rep from the Clinton side asking if they were paying for people to get there and telling their supporters to protest.
I just want to be there to watch history being made.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Wait until the convention; It might be the most news making since the 68 Chicago convention. That burned alot of the city down.The party leaders are pretty nervous I am sure.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:05 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Wait until the convention; It might be the most news making since the 68 Chicago convention. That burned alot of the city down.The party leaders are pretty nervous I am sure.
It didn't burn any of the city down and this convention will be nothing like the 68 convention.

The most we'll see during this convention is an uptick in stupidity online from the handful of Clinton supporters who can't get over the fact that they're candidate lost, fair and square.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:41 AM

430 posts, read 1,174,634 times
Well in their defense it might be easier to omit defeat if Clinton would be the leader and do that herself. Thank God the end might be coming soon. I know trhey will be covering this thing on Sat from 9:00 in the morning to 6:00 at night.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:16 AM

289 posts, read 362,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
Well in their defense it might be easier to omit defeat if Clinton would be the leader and do that herself. Thank God the end might be coming soon. I know trhey will be covering this thing on Sat from 9:00 in the morning to 6:00 at night.
Got my popcorn ready. I still think that Clinton will try to take this to the convention. I just don't think the Super D's will let her. They are waiting on after the results on Tuesday's final Primaries then they will end it. I heard on the news today that Clinton will come out of Florida with either 6 or 14 Delegates. This is a far cry from the amount she needs.
Even Rendell isn't holding out much hope and thinks its over for Clinton.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
It didn't burn any of the city down and this convention will be nothing like the 68 convention.

The most we'll see during this convention is an uptick in stupidity online from the handful of Clinton supporters who can't get over the fact that they're candidate lost, fair and square.
Yeah, there were protests and clashes with police etc - but it wasn't a "burn down the city" kind of event by a long shot - I don't know where Texdav got that idea (right-wing talk radio maybe?).

And I suspect you are right - this convention will be a non-event in comparison. Personally I doubt that Hillary will take "the battle" to the convention floor (wayyyyy too much B/S about her being "power mad" posted here) - and even if she does, the SDs recognize that Obama has the bulk of the deligates and is thus the natural choice. There's already been talk that a sizable block of Hillary Deligates and SD's are prepared to change over to Obama to settle the matter if necessary.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections