Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:50 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times

Advertisements

Well, it's not really a huge sacrifice for him when you think about it. When he returns to Chicago after losing in November, he can join Pfleger's church and be among friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 04:54 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Day late, dollar short, it'll hang around his neck like an albatross. Good going, slick!

FWIW, "hate" goes both ways, y'all.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:59 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Wait .. do you mean that Saint Barack Obama would do anything to get elected???

SAY NO MORE!!!

The Associated Press: Obama quits church after long controversy (broken link)

I think he's quitting to difuse the Michelle hating whitey video that may still come out.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:03 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

SAY NO MORE!!!

The Associated Press: Obama quits church after long controversy

I think he's quitting to difuse the Michelle hating whitey video that may still come out.
*ducks to avoid rebuttal from Obama worshipers*

Old 05-31-2008, 05:03 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

SAY NO MORE!!!

The Associated Press: Obama quits church after long controversy

IF there is a tape like that I don't think that it will matter. Obama's supporters will still be his supporters. I truly believe that there is nothing that will dissuade them.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:04 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I personally feel sorry for him that he felt being president was more important than being the man he claimed to be. I would never give up my beliefs, my lifelong friends, my true self. It speaks volumes about him IMO. It is too bad he could not have just stayed involved as a community activist and remained true to himself. Such a shame.
The church received over 60 death threats. I'm sure this was a hard decision for Obama and his family to make but they recognized that remaining at their church would also increase chances of esclated threats and violence. I wouldn't put it past a few zealots to do harm. You know the familiar things like burning crosses on the church lawn...

Old 05-31-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
*ducks to avoid rebuttal from Obama worshipers*
I'll join in the ducking.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
The church received over 60 death threats. I'm sure this was a hard decision for Obama and his family to make but they recognized that remaining at their church would also increase chances of esclated threats and violence. I wouldn't put it past a few zealots to do harm. You know the familiar things like burning crosses on the church lawn...
Threats and violence??? If that were the case, he would have quit months ago ... nope, Obamatrons ... he's quitting to cater to independents who don't like his "churchin'". Did he join another church already? Ooooooo ... Michelle lost big time on this one. Instead of neener neener neener, I'm going to start saying pander pander panderrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
IF there is a tape like that I don't think that it will matter. Obama's supporters will still be his supporters. I truly believe that there is nothing that will dissuade them.
They are irrelevant. They would support him if he came out and admitted he was an axe murderer. Nothing will sway them, and they won't tip the balance in Nov. It is the indies/mod dem/left-leaning republicans who will decide the election. And according to the polls, he is losing ground with key segments of the electorate, such as whitey women.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:28 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They are irrelevant. They would support him if he came out and admitted he was an axe murderer. Nothing will sway them, and they won't tip the balance in Nov. It is the indies/mod dem/left-leaning republicans who will decide the election. And according to the polls, he is losing ground with key segments of the electorate, such as whitey women.
I sure hope you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections