Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:21 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,496,294 times

Advertisements

You waited too long .it should give you that message when you try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 10:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,784,961 times
It doesn't give me the edit button. Thanks.

Here it is;

Obama quits church, citing controversies - CNN.com

Old 05-31-2008, 11:22 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
On another board, someone made a comment that they would have had more respect for Obama if he had gotten in front of the congregation and asked "What is wrong with you people? Why are you applauding and condoning this race baiting garbage?"

I have to agree with that.

The problem with Obama is that he refuses to take a stand on difficult issues. On this one, he should have continued to stand by his church like he did FOR 20 YEARS. He had a relationship with Reverend Wright, not a one night stand. You can't (and shouldn't) toss out your values for political reasons.

I can laugh about it because he's not my candidate -- but I sure hope people who think he'll make a great president would wake up and smell the coffee.

Bill and Hillary Clinton treated Monica Lewinsky better than Obama is treating Trinity United Church!!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:38 PM

532 posts, read 856,538 times
Thumbs down Predictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Waiting for link;

He's thrown them under the bus. The people that have helped him get where he is today. That have nurtured and assisted him in his political aspirations. That church that was so VERY, VERY important to him socially, economically, culturally and politically.

Will they exact revenge?
Why did he wait so long to resign? Would he have resigned if it had not come to public attention--about the Church, pastor Wright, ect. I think it is a case of the criminal confessing after being caught--but never would have otherwise. I don't mean he is a criminal--just that he probably wouldn't have resigned if he wasn't running for office. I don't think it was admirable. If he really believed that way, he should have stood by his church and friends.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:39 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,392,372 times
What church will he go too now? Has he picked one yet?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:53 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,061,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Probably one close to the White House! Good time to get settled in with his new church, before the pressures of being President keep him from having the time.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:56 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,547,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Why did he wait so long to resign? Would he have resigned if it had not come to public attention--about the Church, pastor Wright, ect. I think it is a case of the criminal confessing after being caught--but never would have otherwise. I don't mean he is a criminal--just that he probably wouldn't have resigned if he wasn't running for office. I don't think it was admirable. If he really believed that way, he should have stood by his church and friends.
I agree, Roberta . . .

Obama not only attended the church for more than 20 years but was an active member and personal friend of Reverend Wright and only resigned after the "negative" media exposure!

I smell Ca Ca!

Old 06-01-2008, 12:06 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,406,429 times
Why he couldn't disown Wright, he did.
He couldn't disown his church, he did.

This guy can't be trusted. All he care about is himself and what's best for him.
I'm not a big fan of McCain but he's better than this flip-floppin, lying clown.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:06 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Isn't he planning to go to Father P's Catholic church now?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:59 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,389,072 times
Did he say this? “I’m leaving the church because this doctrine will sink my Presidential hopes and so I need to distance myself from it for political reasons. But I believe in the doctrine, as evidenced by my decision and confession that decided to leave only because I’m running for President.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections