Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:52 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Clinton supporter Harriet Christian angry after Rules & Bylaws committee meeting on Florida and Michigan.

YouTube - Clinton Supporter Thrown Out of Rules Committee Meeting, Ma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:10 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Clinton supporter Harriet Christian angry after Rules & Bylaws committee meeting on Florida and Michigan.

YouTube - Clinton Supporter Thrown Out of Rules Committee Meeting, Ma
I would say that there is no unity with the 2 campaigns. If Hillary and Obama don't do something to bring their supporters together it might get interesting come November.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:10 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,434 times
Typical Hillary supporter Woot!
:P

Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 PM

415 posts, read 1,960,869 times
She's fruitier than a nutcake

Old 05-31-2008, 08:50 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
I watched the whole meeting "pre-lunch" but missed the best parts, which must have happened after-lunch. Darn the bad timing.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Notice that television didn't cover any others protesting after the meeting or interview any of the board members that voted no.She wan;t the only one really protesting really.Even then they seemd to only let certain board memebrs speak before the vote.But I agree Obama got waht he wanted from the board that is stae deleagtes without having gotten one vote after withdrawing his name from the ballots when there was no party rule. Neat trick.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:29 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Notice that television didn't cover any others protesting after the meeting or interview any of the board members that voted no.She wan;t the only one really protesting really.Even then they seemd to only let certain board memebrs speak before the vote.But I agree Obama got waht he wanted from the board that is stae deleagtes without having gotten one vote after withdrawing his name from the ballots when there was no party rule. Neat trick.
Once more, the Michigan primary should not have even been considered, but Michigan party officials, worked together to craft a compromise proposal which was accepted by the rules committe of the national party. This is s nominating party not an election.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:29 PM

11 posts, read 58,347 times
Someone please give that hag her medication.

Typical delusional feminist Hillary supporter. Why are they so OBSESSED with Hillary Clinton becoming president? What will Hillary do for them? I don't get it!!!?

Too many democrats are nut jobs (and I'm one of them). I don't remember Mit Romney or Mike Huckabee's fans ever acting the way these deranged Clinton groupies have been acting recently (like threatening to cross party lines because their choice lost). I don't get it!!!

So bizzare.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:40 AM

289 posts, read 362,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker1 View Post
Someone please give that hag her medication.

Typical delusional feminist Hillary supporter. Why are they so OBSESSED with Hillary Clinton becoming president? What will Hillary do for them? I don't get it!!!?

Too many democrats are nut jobs (and I'm one of them). I don't remember Mit Romney or Mike Huckabee's fans ever acting the way these deranged Clinton groupies have been acting recently (like threatening to cross party lines because their choice lost). I don't get it!!!

So bizzare.
She stated that she was from New York (Hillary's State) and stated she was a 2nd class citizen then and now she was nothing. Wow I guess Hillary being the Senator from NY couldn't do anything then about this 2nd class citizen did she think Hillary could turn her in the a 1st class citizen if she moved up from Senator to President.

This woman has no clue about policy. Let her vote for McCain then she will become a 3rd class citizen. All because Hillary is a woman right. Wrong the Clinton's are feeding this BS to those poor people. I just can not believe some are buying into it. Sad really sad.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:55 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker1 View Post
I don't remember Mit Romney or Mike Huckabee's fans ever acting the way these deranged Clinton groupies have been acting recently (like threatening to cross party lines because their choice lost).
Actually, there was quite a ruckus from the Christian Coalition when Huckabee dropped out of the race. Lots of people ranting and raving and screaming they would vote for a democrat rather than vote for McCain.

It calmed down. They screamed for awhile and then reality hit. They realized that for better or worse they weren't going to vote for a democrat, and they needed to get behind the candidate chosen by their party. The same thing will happen for the dnc.

When we look back on this, I hope people appreciate how lucky we were to have this rules and bylaws committee meeting. It was like having a mini-convention. Which means it was a release valve--just what was needed because passions were running too hot. Now people will have 10 weeks to cool down and sort out their thoughts.

Whether voters decide to get behind Obama or join a different party, the important thing is that people need to vote with their heads and make an intelligent decision that works best for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections