Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:34 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,685,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? This isn't 1937. Are you seriously that nescient of the world around you or are you just trying to get a rise out of people?
In places like W VA it is still pretty much like 1937. Why do you think it is WEST Virgina? The folks in the real Virgina don't want anything to do with the racist hillbillies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 05:38 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,929,249 times
So are you saying America should not follow their lead?

Old 06-02-2008, 05:44 AM

938 posts, read 2,890,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
In places like W VA it is still pretty much like 1937. Why do you think it is WEST Virgina? The folks in the real Virgina don't want anything to do with the racist hillbillies.
Nah, not really. Even in the poorest of hollers in the most remote parts of Mingo and Logan County they have electricity and dial-up internet access. I did a rotation in a rural hospital there. We'd have the biggest hillbillies on the planet come in with printouts from WebMD wanting further explanations.

I suppose as to my question that would put you in the "nescient" category. Ah, yes, and the allusion to the "real" Virginia. Interestingly, they are the ones that decided to join the confederacy during the Civil War. A bunch of abolishionist hill folk in the Western counties decided to create their own state and stay in the Union because they, it turns out, didn't want anything to do with the pro-slavery Eastern counties. Thus, West Virginia was born.

I mean, come on. If you are going to be a troll, at least be a competent one.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:02 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,131,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Get real. There is a reason those states are very late in the process. They don't matter. I believe all selected Bush in '04, so therefore it is incredibly foolish to follow their will. They always choose the WRONG CANDIDATE.

Kentucky has picked the winning candidate every election after Nixon.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:56 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,929,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Good point

Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,553,651 times
Quote:

Well now we know where to place the blame for Clinton and Bush. Kind of a double edged sword when you think about it. Kentucky can be blamed for all of the Countries problematic Presidency's since Nixon....lol

Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,411,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? This isn't 1937. Are you seriously that nescient of the world around you or are you just trying to get a rise out of people?
Don't waste your time with KevK, he angry because he hasn't been able to move out of his mom's basement.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:38 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,131,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Well now we know where to place the blame for Clinton and Bush. Kind of a double edged sword when you think about it. Kentucky can be blamed for all of the Countries problematic Presidency's since Nixon....lol

Yes, I hate to admit to Carter and Clinton, but that does disprove the incorrect assumption that Kentucky is always a red state.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:57 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,553,651 times
Quote:
Yes, I hate to admit to Carter and Clinton, but that does disprove the incorrect assumption that Kentucky is always a red state.
We can only hope Kentucky will voice it's displeasure in unison with the current sentiment of the Nation - Our foreign policy is headed in the wrong direction and the economy needs immediate attention. No matter who they choose - this is front and center and I'm confident they can vote based upon competency and not race, unbiased as will the rest of the Country.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:12 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,577,071 times
I thnik that Obama has made a big mistake by appealing to the elite and thse that are not but think they are. He has insulted the core of teh democratic party that will mean everyhting in a general election.At this point I agree with tehpols thatshw clintom would be a stronger candidate. Obama has frankly failed since amrch in the primaires. He goes into the elction much weaker than ether Gore or Kerry.The only hope is has is that the war will help because he should ahve a 30 point lead at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections