Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I am sorry, the PEOPLE did not break the rules, the democratic leaders broke the rules.

Just shows the democratic party dont care about you and your vote.
Why send everyone to jail when only a select few broke the rules.
I say those who made those decisions should be fired and a re vote done.

The people were screwed, thats a fact.

Poor decisions by the democratic party is becoming common.
In Fla. the bill to move the primary up was passed by a Republican controlled legislature and signed by a Republican Governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 10:03 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
In Fla. the bill to move the primary up was passed by a Republican controlled legislature and signed by a Republican Governor.
Yeah okay, let's get us some proof.

The only two fair things to do is a revote, or not count the votes at all. Anything else is unfair.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:08 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I am sorry, the PEOPLE did not break the rules, the democratic leaders broke the rules.

Just shows the democratic party dont care about you and your vote.
Why send everyone to jail when only a select few broke the rules.
I say those who made those decisions should be fired and a re vote done.

The people were screwed, thats a fact.

Poor decisions by the democratic party is becoming common.
Oh I agree...the people did not break the rules, the party leaders did.
But no matter what, rules were broken, and all the candidates agreed in writing that their votes would not count. Know body told these people that they need to vote so that they would count their votes later on!

So my video at the start of this thread showed that the Hillary camp ultimately got the 1/2 vote they wanted all along and yet the Hillary fans are still upset.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Yeah okay, let's get us some proof.

The only two fair things to do is a revote, or not count the votes at all. Anything else is unfair.
AaronK, there is a lot of proof out there that primary move was passed by a Republican controlled legislature and signed by a Republican Governor...

Old 06-01-2008, 10:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
KEEP IN MIND, that even if all the votes were counted, Obama still would have come out on top. The uncommitted delegates in Michigan could commit to him and, something that NEVER gets mentioned, Edwarde's delegates in Florida would have shifted to Obama since he endorsed him.

Either way, Clinton still just does not have the math to make it happen. Sorry, but that is just the reality! I was a fan of Richardson, but I can settle for Obama...why can't Hillary fans do the same thing?

Old 06-01-2008, 10:20 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
KEEP IN MIND, that even if all the votes were counted, Obama still would have come out on top. The uncommitted delegates in Michigan could commit to him and, something that NEVER gets mentioned, Edwarde's delegates in Florida would have shifted to Obama since he endorsed him.

Either way, Clinton still just does not have the math to make it happen. Sorry, but that is just the reality! I was a fan of Richardson, but I can settle for Obama...why can't Hillary fans do the same thing?
Perhaps it is an extension of the same mentality that allowed grown people to smash down doors and trample each other over Cabbage Patch Dolls and Mario Brothers. I want it my way and I want it now. And when people who are used to getting what they want are frustrated in their efforts, they lose it for a bit.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Perhaps it is an extension of the same mentality that allowed grown people to smash down doors and trample each other over Cabbage Patch Dolls and Mario Brothers. I want it my way and I want it now. And when people who are used to getting what they want are frustrated in their efforts, they lose it for a bit.

I think you just nailed it!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:25 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post

True. Nothing but "adult temper tantrums" here. Still, I just hope that the "bit" that they lose it for does not last until November...

Old 06-02-2008, 06:35 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,006 times
I support Hillary Clinton

Yes, I'm very dissapointed with what they did with Florida and Michigan. I'm now and have been for a long time leaning towards the Independent
Party more than ever.

Woot Hillary

Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Why is anyone worried about voters rights when trhe superdelegates will decide the nomination regardless. The rules are that the one with most delegates wins. Now we see that Hillary could win if the superdelegates decide to back her. What was the point of voting? They have to decide whether it's delegates or popular vote, you can't have both, never have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections