Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 10:07 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think that the funniest thing in the world would be for obama to get crushed in the general. that way we can see on the news all his supporters crying. see, mccain supporters aren't emotional idiots like obama supporters. probably because no one is excited about mccain. but to see all they whiny cry babies on the news, and having protests is going to be funny. what will the headlines on moveon's website be?
This is my opinion only, but I do not think that Obama will win in the general election. You know how all the Democrats came out and voted in record numbers this primary season? Well, I have a gutt feeling that the Republicans will also come out in record numbers in the general election. Combine that with the fact that most of the states are red and Hillary won the states you need to win in the general election, I think he will not win. Just my opinion and I could very well be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 10:11 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
The better candidate has won. And there are hundreds of thousands of White women who agree.
Obama wasn't the better candidate, his campaign was just run better.

And don't forget that 18 million people voted for Hillary!

My boyfriend and I would love a ticket of McCain with Hillary as VP. Seriously. Two moderates from the two parties would be a good thing. It's time to stop all the bipartisan nonsense.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:11 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
This is my opinion only, but I do not think that Obama will win in the general election. You know how all the Democrats came out and voted in record numbers this primary season? Well, I have a gutt feeling that the Republicans will also come out in record numbers in the general election. Combine that with the fact that most of the states are red and Hillary won the states you need to win in the general election, I think he will not win. Just my opinion and I could very well be wrong.
I don't think he has a prayer. I think that we have seen all the votes obama is going to get. everyone who is going to vote for him, already voted in the primaries. he isn't going to make any new friends, only enemies.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:24 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
This post is a shining example of the type of delusional thinking that Hillary has intentionally stoked. This notion of having to "suffer" constant disparaging remarks aimed at women by Obama supporters, fosters an "us vs. them" mentality, which Hillary invented in order to make her supporters feel that they are being treated unjustly, and so therefore only she can adequately address their concerns.

What the above post reveals is that LML is less concerned with women's issues than she is with Hillary Clinton being "respected."

What you SHOULD have read into my statement is that I WANT Obama to win. I think it is urgently important for him to win. And that I don't want to see thousands of women driven away from voting for him because of the misguided statements made by those who claim to support him but are really more interested in fighting with women then they are supporting their candidate and winning others over to the support of him. You just proved my point.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:34 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I doubt Republicans will come out in record numbers this time. They are not a happy lot right now and McCain is not Reagan to them. In fact more than a few of them are unhappy with him. I think Obama's chances are decent IF he can get white women back on board and hold his share of the Mexicans.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:29 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
This post is a shining example of the type of delusional thinking that Hillary has intentionally stoked. This notion of having to "suffer" constant disparaging remarks aimed at women by Obama supporters, fosters an "us vs. them" mentality, which Hillary invented in order to make her supporters feel that they are being treated unjustly, and so therefore only she can adequately address their concerns.
One of the biggest problems is that many Hillary supporters were called "racist" for not supporting Obama. You got that? That's an insult to anyone who isn't a racist. And many of us were called that over and over again. Hillary had nothing to do with that or the angry feelings it engendered.

Secondly, Obama seems to think it is Hillary's problem to lead her voters to him. Well, it's not her problem. It's his problem. He's the Great Uniter. Why doesn't he just Unite us all? Why is he trying to shove his problem off on her?

Us "sweeties" got a little tired of it all. We'll just take our racist baggage and our bitter clinging lives and head back to where we came from.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:32 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
One of the biggest problems is that many Hillary supporters were called "racist" for not supporting Obama. You got that? That's an insult to anyone who isn't a racist. And many of us were called that over and over again. Hillary had nothing to do with that or the angry feelings it engendered.

Secondly, Obama seems to think it is Hillary's problem to lead her voters to him. Well, it's not her problem. It's his problem. He's the Great Uniter. Why doesn't he just Unite us all? Why is he trying to shove his problem off on her?

Us "sweeties" got a little tired of it all. We'll just take our racist baggage and our bitter clinging lives and head back to where we came from.
She did what she had to do now it is up to Mr. Obama to take control.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Obama wasn't the better candidate, his campaign was just run better.

And don't forget that 18 million people voted for Hillary!

My boyfriend and I would love a ticket of McCain with Hillary as VP. Seriously. Two moderates from the two parties would be a good thing. It's time to stop all the bipartisan nonsense.
Hillary is not a "moderate". Where did you get that idea? Her and Obama are essentially the same on all the issues.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Obama didn't call you a racist did he? You should not pin everything on him that a blogger on here says.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:08 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Obama didn't call you a racist did he? You should not pin everything on him that a blogger on here says.
Obama was demeaning to women in many ways. Just to name a couple I can think of right off the bat: the "sweetie" thing and his comment on the night he gave his historic speech "I won't sit around by the phone like a girl without a date" or something like that.

Obama used others to call us all racists.

Oh, and he has the balls to expect Bill Clinton to campaign for him now? After the way Bill's been knocked around? Gotta be kidding on that one! I've never seen an ex-president so disrespected by a political campaign in my life (and that includes being disrespected by people from the opposing party).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections