Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I am sure that there are plenty of college students who listen to right wing talk radio. by the way, who the hell listens to their radio at home anymore? what is this, 1924?
Sorry - sit in the office and listen to the radio. Sit in the car and listen to the radio. Better? Since I dont listen to talk radio you'll have to explain this to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 02:26 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,791,131 times
I think the whole thing is funny. right winger idiots talk about nothing but barack obama's church. left wing idiots talk about nothing except john mccain's 100 years war. it's a matter of who they can paint to be a scarier person. elections are based on fear, and that's pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Sorry - sit in the office and listen to the radio. Sit in the car and listen to the radio. Better? Since I dont listen to talk radio you'll have to explain this to me.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I think the whole thing is funny. right winger idiots talk about nothing but barack obama's church. left wing idiots talk about nothing except john mccain's 100 years war. it's a matter of who they can paint to be a scarier person. elections are based on fear, and that's pathetic.
I know. Look at us all here though - it's irresistible in some horrid primitive way.

What to believe about Obama-fightwithclubs.jpg

Know what I mean, Jellybean?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM

you got to make the other guy appear scary. that's how politicians win. I get tired of hearing that obama is above politics. that's what bugs me most about his supporters. what bothers me about mccain is that he's 123 years old.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
you got to make the other guy appear scary. that's how politicians win. I get tired of hearing that obama is above politics. that's what bugs me most about his supporters. what bothers me about mccain is that he's 123 years old.
But those who make the other guy appear scary are trying to manipulate you/us. We just have to find, compare, evaluate information for ourselves. Even if everyone else goes the easy way and lets himself be told what to think, and the vote goes to the other guy - the guy with the fiercer, scarier dogs.

I agree that Obama has some obnoxious mo-ron kids on his side, and any pretentious, meaningless dreck like "Obama is above politics" has got to be taken for just what it is.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:43 PM

yup, those darn obama supporters. I liked ron paul, but his supporters annoyed the hell out of me. if I ever hear the phrase neo-con again, I am going to explode. I wish someone would run on a platform of limited government, because all the government has proven that they can do, is screw things up.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:45 PM

Maybe the sanest answer is to buy land someplace remote with no electricity and grow your own food

Old 06-03-2008, 02:45 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,828,599 times
Quote:
I know. Look at us all here though - it's irresistible in some horrid primitive way.
LOL, it's true. Every time somebody tries to talk about policy or real issues the posts get ignored. This forum is all about having fun with lotsa scary talk and sensationalism.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:46 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,629,859 times
Quote:
Oh - you're joking - dont try to condescend to me about reading, please.

Since this is an internet forum I recommended internet resources, and of those, as I recall, sources as pure and direct as are available. I didn't want to insult him by implying he wouldn't know the difference between a blog comment and a Senate record.

Don't believe I advised him to double-check every cite, since I presumed he'd know to do that. I did recommend he wander afield in his reading.

And - though books have editors, many also have agendas, particularly in the political realm.

Or she.
Wow, what is your problem. I didn't condescend to you, I just added a little to what you had said. I also stated I wasn't telling anyone how to do anything, just passing on my system of checks and balances. And believe it or not, the average American doesn't read to much anymore. And as far as agendas go, I said read lots of books, not one. Seems to me you just wanted to make something out of nothing. But as defensive as you got, I have to wonder, if maybe I hit home a little on the book issue. Knowledge is power!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:47 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,828,599 times
Quote:
and any pretentious, meaningless dreck like "Obama is above politics" has got to be taken for just what it is.
Yup.
The first lesson of politics: All politicians play politics.
The second lesson: There is no such thing as a politician who is above politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections