Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:59 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
She probably Had to be there! Otherwise her mother would never let her forget how she did not support her and bla bla bla....
Poor kid.
or blame her loss on her [daughter] absence...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:03 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
or blame her loss on her [daughter] absence...
I wouldn't put it past her!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 PM

939 posts, read 2,380,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
So this puts her in which category

1. White working class
2. White working class, hard work white working class
3. Blue collar voter
4. Lunchbucket Democrat
5. Elitist

Perhaps none of the above as she has so far pretended to be along with her mother. She's just a loser.....sore loser like her mom

Don't know. Seeing that she probably makes more than 98% of Americans it would be hard to put her in any of the categories except elitist, though that definition carries some pretty negative connotations.

I'd like to think that if I were running for public office my children would be right there to support me.

I'm not quite ready to say Senator Clinton is a sore loser. She may be, but at this point, until she challenges the rules committee, or refuses to bow out gracefully when Obama gets the requisite number of delegates, I'm not willing to go there.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:37 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,681 times
If I were rich and I were running for president, I surely would want my kids hielping out the family business. The only thing I was not happy with, is that Chelsea's speeches could be covered by the press, but she never would answer press questions. Thus anything she said, was always left unchallenged and that is not normal politics.

She is a very fortunate young lady to have been allowed to experience such a great and exciting time in American life first hand and hopefully she will use the lessons she learned in all those colleges and small town diners to make her life the best it can be and use her influence wisely.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:15 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,721 times
I'm not saying anything pro or against her so I'm not sure what the issues is with some posting are you her watch dogs. I had just heard on a news channel the same questions. I haven't always seen kids adult or youger always with the Mother or Father if they are running. Sometimes at big events ot I expect to see Obama;s family with him tonight. It was just a question if you don't think it makes sense ... MOVE ON.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:18 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Say what you want about Hillary and Bill -- and there is much to be said! -- but Chelsea sure appears to have handled it all well; an ideal, wonderful daughter that any parent would love to brag about!

The family has money and she's been a great campaigner for her mom. . . one of the few really bright spots with the campaign.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I'm not saying anything pro or against her so I'm not sure what the issues is with some posting are you her watch dogs. I had just heard on a news channel the same questions. I haven't always seen kids adult or youger always with the Mother or Father if they are running. Sometimes at big events ot I expect to see Obama;s family with him tonight. It was just a question if you don't think it makes sense ... MOVE ON.
Maybe I read too much into your question - my apologies.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:37 PM

268 posts, read 100,696 times
I don't get why she can't respond to the press. She's no longer a minor.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:15 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
I would suspect she would feel her mothers wrath if she said something wrong so her mother probably told her to say nothing.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
I have no problems with her. She played the hand she was dealt quite nicely. So what if she got presumed hook ups, better then some trailer trash somewhere living off the gov.

My only problem with her was her attitude while out campaighning for her mom. She wants to campaign but yet did not want any negative questions. Her reactions show some serious immaturity on her part. She has to understand that a public figure or anyone campaigning for them is open to any question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections