U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 06:05 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,330,407 times

Advertisements

Not even the Iraqis want any part of it. Even if he did sign such a deal, Obama should make it clear that he will be under NO obligations of any deals signed by Bush with Iraq!

US-Iraq security pact shapes up as major battle - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:51 PM

172 posts, read 456,759 times
You presume much.

The primary opposition to the agreement has come frm the Anti-American cleric al-Sadr.
Quote:
U.S. officials increasingly see the criticism as driven by Iran through al-Sadr, who has called for weekly protests against the agreement. Al-Sadr has long opposed the U.S. military presence in Iraq.

Concerned that al-Sadr was scoring political points, mainstream Shiite and Sunni politicians began to speak out against the proposed deal too, distancing themselves from the deliberations for fear of being seen as selling out to the Americans. All that puts pressure on al-Maliki, himself a Shiite, as he tries to maintain ties to Iran while at the same time ensuring his support from the United States.
I suppose you would prefer the U.S. to waltz out of Iraq on Jan 21, 2009 and leave it to the Iranians?

If BHO becomes President and chooses to withdraw American forces from Iraq, plan on getting drafted if you're under 35.
Terrorism will escalate rapidly and America will need to mobilize in numbers never before seen.

Vote for BHO at your own peril.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:26 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,422,144 times
OMG, I'm on deployment orders for OEF after BHO if elected will take office. I am now really thinking that our efforts there will be much tougher. Of course the Obama wunderlust rivals what seems to be a sense of intoxication. Really checking out the guy and the issues I just don't know what to think. I sure hope things work out, but the promised change and hope agenda ssems more laden with blind hope.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:07 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,966,925 times
But Obama or any democratic candidate would not take a pledge to remove the troops within their first term. I say if we are going to get out then we need to do it vietnam once we decided to leave. I can see leaving anyone that there when we make up our mind to quit the war effort.My guess is teh Afgansitan is the next target of the insurgents ,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections