U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Nevada
1,959 posts, read 5,913,433 times
Reputation: 1104

Advertisements

Well i told many from way back, from the beginning that Obama will beat Hillary & even McCain come November. Is that how you guys see it now? Trust me I hope i'm wrong but i cant see how McCain will take the states he needs to win like , NY, NJ, MA, Fl & Ca. He might swing Pa but that i'm not even sure of anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,596,005 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Trust me I hope i'm wrong but i cant see how McCain will take the states he needs to win like , NY, NJ, MA, Fl & Ca.
He doesn't need those states to win. NY,MA,CA will always be blue, they are always on the dems side.

McCain will put NJ in play, a solid blue state in the past.

McCain will take FL, easily. It will stay red.

PA,MI,WI,NH, are in play for McCain. Those usually go blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,380,728 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He doesn't need those states to win. NY,MA,CA will always be blue, they are always on the dems side.

McCain will put NJ in play, a solid blue state in the past.

McCain will take FL, easily. It will stay red.

PA,MI,WI,NH, are in play for McCain. Those usually go blue.
Outside of Mi. and Fla. current polls have Obama leading in all the other states you mentioned by varying percentages.

Current (6-3) Electoral vote prediction:

Obama-276
McCain-238
Tied-24
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 PM
 
5,273 posts, read 12,416,766 times
Reputation: 5773
It'll be a close election. Of course, it's way to early to tell how it will play out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Well i told many from way back, from the beginning that Obama will beat Hillary & even McCain come November. Is that how you guys see it now? Trust me I hope i'm wrong but i cant see how McCain will take the states he needs to win like , NY, NJ, MA, Fl & Ca. He might swing Pa but that i'm not even sure of anymore.
I'm with you, right from the start!

McCain is a pathetic, pathetic man, one who supported Bush, one who is endorsed by the worst president in US history. he will spend more time trying to distance himself from Bush than he will spend trying to measure up to Obama.

Obama stands for progression, enlightenment, change, effective and novel solutions to the problems that plague this nation and the world. He's the only candidate who can effectively deal with the race problem that cripples this country. McRelic stands for continued regressive stagnation and more pathetic Republican nonsense. By the time Obama is done with McFossil, he'll be lucky if he takes his own home state of Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,596,005 times
Reputation: 7107
Here, I'll give you this;

Obama wins CO,NM,VA,IA (all red states in 2004) plus keeps WI.

Give McCain MI and NH (very real possibilities).

McCain wins.

It could be a tie as well. If NH goes Obama - tied at 269. And then of course, the house picks the Prez. Oh Joy.

Oh, the possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
1,748 posts, read 3,218,454 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Well i told many from way back, from the beginning that Obama will beat Hillary & even McCain come November. Is that how you guys see it now? Trust me I hope i'm wrong but i cant see how McCain will take the states he needs to win like , NY, NJ, MA, Fl & Ca. He might swing Pa but that i'm not even sure of anymore.
If he polarizes the party because of Hillary he will lose to McCain. This will be partly Hillary's fault if they don't talk it over which I heard they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 PM
 
532 posts, read 787,478 times
Reputation: 128
Thumbs down Pathetic candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'm with you, right from the start!

McCain is a pathetic, pathetic man, one who supported Bush, one who is endorsed by the worst president in US history. he will spend more time trying to distance himself from Bush than he will spend trying to measure up to Obama.

Obama stands for progression, enlightenment, change, effective and novel solutions to the problems that plague this nation and the world. He's the only candidate who can effectively deal with the race problem that cripples this country. McRelic stands for continued regressive stagnation and more pathetic Republican nonsense. By the time Obama is done with McFossil, he'll be lucky if he takes his own home state of Arizona.
They are all pathetic candidates--no matter what their ages are. We don't have a race problem--but rather a selfish political problem. Race problems don't cripple our country--but dishonest Politicians do. Don't expect too much of Obama--unless he can overcome the temptation of power, and money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 11:59 PM
 
Location: USA
881 posts, read 1,433,993 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Well i told many from way back, from the beginning that Obama will beat Hillary & even McCain come November. Is that how you guys see it now? Trust me I hope i'm wrong but i cant see how McCain will take the states he needs to win like , NY, NJ, MA, Fl & Ca. He might swing Pa but that i'm not even sure of anymore.

Obviously, you have no understanding of how the state breakdown works. There is no way Obama will beat McCain in Florida. NY, NJ, MA, and CA are all in the Democratic column anyway.

The swing states are (I will color the states based on how they have gone before): Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico. The Democrats have more swing states at play than Republicans. Even if McCain loses Colorado and say Ohio, but carries Penn and/or Michigan or Minnesota, then it's all over, McCain wins.

You need to look at how states are leaning and the Dems have higher delegate (points) to lose than to win.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080426/capt.181bc0c7ae76474bbe1467fb30d3998a.eln_road_to_ 270_gfx944.jpg (broken link)


McCain will win, specially once people start to see McCain vs Obama in one-to-one debates. Once the teleprompter is gone, Obama shows how dumb he truly is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 12:06 AM
 
8,287 posts, read 11,834,959 times
Reputation: 4948
^ yes Obama is so dumb he just won the nomination. By the way I'm watching McCain and he is a perfect substitute for Ambien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top