Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times

Advertisements

As Her Campaign Ends, Clinton's Image Mostly Intact

How interesting. Maybe she is not the monster the media, and some on this forum, claim she is.

Even though I would sooner cut my tongue out than vote for her, as a woman, she has gained my respect with her tenacity and stamina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 11:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
She's got those in spades, for sure. But realistically, if she were a man, she wouldnt have stood out during her time in the Senate. She'd've been just another blurry face in a crowd of a hundred. And if she weren't Mrs. Clinton...we wouldnt have had a President Bill Clinton, haha.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:49 AM

385 posts, read 626,286 times
I love the Clintons. However, Hillary has left me with some sour personal feelings towards her after this is over - which it still isn't because she hasn't conceded!
I think he may need her as his VP, but if he picks her, it will cause a monumental sigh (half for relief, half for sadness) at choosing someone who a lot of us view as turning this campaign very negative.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
I love the Clintons. However, Hillary has left me with some sour personal feelings towards her after this is over - which it still isn't because she hasn't conceded!
I think he may need her as his VP, but if he picks her, it will cause a monumental sigh (half for relief, half for sadness) at choosing someone who a lot of us view as turning this campaign very negative.

At this point her concession is irrelevant. Obama has exceeded the number of delegates for the nomination. It's as over for Hillary as it is for Mitt Romney. She's just good for a few more news reports and face time.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:18 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,941,346 times
Funny, I have the exact opposite opinion. As the campaign progressed, Hillary kept changing like the portrait of Dorian Gray. She's turned into someone I barely recognize anymore.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 PM

268 posts, read 100,670 times
It's not the monster that this forum has indicated that Hillary is. It's most people except her supporters. Listen to ANY radio station and they backup their statements as to why.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As Her Campaign Ends, Clinton's Image Mostly Intact

How interesting. Maybe she is not the monster the media, and some on this forum, claim she is.

Even though I would sooner cut my tongue out than vote for her, as a woman, she has gained my respect with her tenacity and stamina.
Please. Tenacity and stamina? Get real!

Ted Kennedy has been diagnosed with a terminal disease and by some optimistic accounts, has less than a year to live. Facing the prospect of his mortality every waking hour, every minute counts, and he like any one in such a position, must be true to himself, his family, and to that which he holds most dear. It is revealing that during this time, this great man has vowed to fight on, fight for Obama. He believes in what Obama represents and although diminished, he champions on in support of this historic occasion. He has endured a tremendous amount of tragedy during his lifetime, but facing his own demise, he soldiers on. If there ever was a symbol of tenacity and stamina, it would be him.

Hillary is a fluff. She's not talented. She's not charismatic. She's not inspirational. She's just privileged. Supposedly a supporter of civil rights, she failed to emphasize the significance of the milestone that Obama's win represented. Also, recognizing that racist whites are supporting her in large numbers, she has said NOTHING to put them in their place and state unequivocally that she doesn't condone such beliefs and behavior. She implicitly encourages the support from racists (whether white or hispanic) to boost her numbers giving the false impression that she is being supported for the substance of what she believes rather than the color of Obama's skin. She had all the advantages at the start and was kept afloat by a media grossly biased in her favor. Yet, she still lost. Hillary is not a fighter. She's just a self-absorbed nuisance, an ineffective politician, and a sore loser.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Ted Kennedy has been diagnosed with a terminal disease and by some optimistic accounts, has less than a year to live. Facing the prospect of his mortality every waking hour, every minute counts, and he like any one in such a position, must be true to himself, his family, and to that which he holds most dear. It is revealing that during this time, this great man has vowed to fight on, fight for Obama. He believes in what Obama represents and although diminished, he champions on in support of this historic occasion. He has endured a tremendous amount of tragedy during his lifetime, but facing his own demise, he soldiers on. If there ever was a symbol of tenacity and stamina, it would be him.
You mean that pillar of integrity, Teddy Kennedy? Teddy "the swimmer" Kennedy, who left a girl (who he was cheating on his wife with), in a car in river to drown and then cover it up? That Teddy Kennedy?

Old 06-04-2008, 06:03 PM

526 posts, read 1,481,763 times
Hillary's image has improved throughout the campaign. She started with about 49 favorable vs 49 unfavorable; she ended with 40-60 split.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,848,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean that pillar of integrity, Teddy Kennedy? Teddy "the swimmer" Kennedy, who left a girl (who he was cheating on his wife with), in a car in river to drown and then cover it up? That Teddy Kennedy?
Now he has brain cancer and will very likely die in less than a year with a painful death.... KARMA... Ted Kennedy was always and will always be a corrupt politician looking after his own self-interest and that of his heirs... what he doesn't realize is that KARMA will bite back... his kids will ultimately be doomed for his own corruption... those who drink from the poisonous well will get a similar fate...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections