Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
So...no meeting up in Montauk then...
I beg your pardon. As an elitist Obamaton I must ask that you refrain from criticising my worldview, and create no ado whilst falling into line.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It can happen! It happens starting with you, and right now this second. It doesnt depend on something else happening first.

People buy into the game of racism. It doesnt exist except in people's heads. Racists are racists because it's comforting to them to be that way for whatever reason.

And now, Tinker Bell and I will fly away from here, back to Wussyland, singing "Let There Be Peace on Earth" and "Kumbaya" in a round.

Trust me. I can think that racism doesn't exist all I want... that doesn't mean that there wont be someone else who will keep that deep hate for someone else. Racism has been around ever since we all started to look different. If nothing changed then, what makes you think it will change now? I'm proud of Obama becoming the first black nominee of any party. But someone out there can't stand that. It's just a fact of life.

BTW, when did this become a thread about race? I thought it was about how the rest of the world is excited that Obama got the nomination? So, to get back on topic..... who cares what the rest of the world thinks. We're not the rest of the world.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Oh goody. Europe is excited about Obama. Who cares? What bothers me is that Hamas and other terrorist groups are excited about him as well! That's what Americans need to be posting about.
Oh jeebus, here comes the paranoia

Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 AM

236 posts, read 615,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
neither of them have moved beyond racism.

Neither has the USA.As proven by the staggering poverty,unemployment,and jobless rates of blacks.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
I think your statement is false, what the world hates is your present administration, not the country.
Everything I've seen or read including personal emails from people in other countries confirms this. They hate BUSH and realize that most Americans disagree with him.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont want to hear about his promises.. I want to see him acting upon them. Since he has entered Congress he has not crossed party lines ONCE for ANY bill.. How is that uniting? A true uniter would look at each bill for what its worth, not stick with the party line.

Actions, not words get my vote.
He has worked on bills with republicans many times...saying he didn't doesn't make it true...how uninformed!!!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
name it. europe, the middle east, africa, canada, and asia. I had a friend, way before the war, get dragged out of a bar in ireland and beat half to death for being american. it's out there my friend.
Maybe it's just YOU and your friends????

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
He has worked on bills with republicans many times...saying he didn't doesn't make it true...how uninformed!!!!!
Voting records are public. Can you cite a single bill where he voted off the party line? Just one. One vote that shows he's taken one tiny step to "change" from the democratic party line.

Anyone who buys this "change" hype is quite gullible.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Neither has the USA.As proven by the staggering poverty,unemployment,and jobless rates of blacks.
With a dropout rate of 70%, the staggering poverty, unemployment and jobless rates are to be expected. Time to find someone else to blame.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh jeebus, here comes the paranoia

Fear-mongering worked in the '04 election, I guess they'll try again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections