Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:27 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
WRONG. The American picked Hillary right at 50/50, so this isn't Barack's party. Hillary owes him nothing. He needs her.....her 50% of the Democratic party and he needs to play and ask nicely.
Exactly. And if they both were to run she'd beat him in the general. . . . finishing second and third.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
You're not a true democrat if you do that.
A condition that is not at all harmful!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:30 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Exactly. And if they both were to run she'd beat him in the general. . . . finishing second and third.
Just to let you know, a fantasy will always remain a fantasy !

Old 06-04-2008, 12:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Obama will not pick Hillary. I don't think he is even going to pick a Democrat as VP. It will be a moderate, white male Republican Senator or Governor, like Lincoln Chafee. That will be the end of McCain's chances and put some substance into his calls for unity.
In reality that would work wonderful, but I have seen nothing of substance from Obama showing that he's ever willing to be a uniter. All I've seen is talk. He has never once crossed party lines, and thats no action of a uniter.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,967 times
Quote:
WRONG. The American picked Hillary right at 50/50, so this isn't Barack's party. Hillary owes him nothing. He needs her.....her 50% of the Democratic party and he needs to play and ask nicely.
He does not need her because most Hillary supporters are not crazy fanatics, I assume, and will vote for Barack.

When I went to my state's caucus, I overheard a conversation between two women (white, gray haired women, btw) that were holding Hillary signs. Barack overwhelmingly won at that particular caucus. The women were bummed that Hill didn't win, but agreed that all that mattered is that they support a democrat and get one in the White House.

That's pretty much how this is going to play out.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Bill, on the edge of her bed, not making any headway and looking at the clock, gets an idea. "Honeh, your followers, the folks that support you and trust you...what's gonna happen to them?

"If you let 'em all slide over to the other side, why honeh, you've tacitly indicated that you don't actually care about all the principles you've fought for all yore life! Women's rights for one.

"So baby lamb, just get up and dry them big booful eyes and do the right thing. If you'll excuse me I've got to get to the tobacconist's before they close."

Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Just to let you know, a fantasy will always remain a fantasy !
And sometimes better than the real thing anyway. . . .

Old 06-04-2008, 12:43 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:

He needs her?

Put Jim Webb in the VP slot and Hillary will soon be a memory.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:49 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He needs her?

Put Jim Webb in the VP slot and Hillary will soon be a memory.
My feelings exactly. It'll be like when Regis teamed up with Kelly Ripa. Within a week people were saying "Kathy Lee who?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections