U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Status: "Pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" (set 19 days ago)

35,000 posts, read 23,041,394 times

Advertisements

For those who aren't sure whether what they read about Barack Obama is True, False, or of Unclassifiable Veracity, here is Snopes.com's page listing some Obama rumors that have cropped up on the internet, and the results of the Snopes.com research into the rumors.

snopes.com: Politics (Barack Obama)

Snopes.com's FAQ as to their own accuracy is here: snopes.com: Frequently Asked Questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 42,652 times
From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.' Is this true?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:46 PM

12,425 posts, read 7,347,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid wugalter View Post
From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.' Is this true?
Multiple.

snopes.com: Barack Obama in His Own Words

Old 10-24-2008, 06:47 PM

744 posts, read 836,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid wugalter View Post
OK, now put it in it's original context, what is he saying?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM

2,730 posts, read 2,286,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
For those who aren't sure whether what they read about Barack Obama is True, False, or of Unclassifiable Veracity, here is Snopes.com's page listing some Obama rumors that have cropped up on the internet, and the results of the Snopes.com research into the rumors.

snopes.com: Politics (Barack Obama)

Snopes.com's FAQ as to their own accuracy is here: snopes.com: Frequently Asked Questions
Since it said I must spread it around B4 repping you again,thanks for posting this!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:39 PM

683 posts, read 1,783,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Thanks for the link, this will come in handy. It's just sad to realize how many stupid people I know that have fallen for this stuff. I'm afraid I'll always look at them differently, long after this election is over.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:46 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,927,211 times
Damn delusianne, you're one of my favorite posters on here. Thanks for assisting our more "gullible" friends in this forum.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:47 PM

873 posts, read 1,038,685 times
Thanks for the link. If some people would check things out prior to posting these threads would be far less aggravating.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:48 PM

8,886 posts, read 13,319,763 times
Snopes? LOL. That's the best you can come up with OP?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 41,429 times
Default Are you Kidding Me?

Have you LISTENED to Obama's words that he spoke before he became a Presidential candidate?
He would be the Worst Person to EVER become a President of anything,
much less THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
He is a Liar, and Cheater and now stealing with money supplied for the Middle East Radical Nations.
Read and listen. He has changed his words when it would sound good to the ones that are listening at that time.
He has no knowledge when his teleprompter goes down.
Get to reading and listening, CLEARLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections