Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 PM

145 posts, read 435,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I did not say she does not have a right to be happy
good grief
I just said where was she before?
Because your statement "if she is so dancing happy" the way you said it implied that she either should not be dancing or that her happy dancing is fake.

It's like women saying 'if you love me so much then why are you sleeping with so many other women"

The second part of your sentence cancels out the first. You meant it exactly the way it read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 02:12 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
Just playing the same game you left wing loons like to play. Several of your cohorts on here like analyze posts for spelling and sentence structure.....that's after they realize their is no more room for argument.
You know there and their do not carry the same meaning! Anyways, I don't do that....might have done it in the past once or twice but i don't call people out on typos and such. I might demand clarification if their sentences do not make much sense to me as a reader. That's about it!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:12 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
Who cares about Oprah? Since the reason her ratings have dropped 7% is because a certain other female talk show host is claiming them, I'm waiting for Ellen to tell me who to vote for She's the new Oprah!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:14 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Who cares about Oprah? Since the reason her ratings have dropped 7% is because a certain other female talk show host is claiming them, I'm waiting for Ellen to tell me who to vote for She's the new Oprah!
That'll be Obama too.

Ken

Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That'll be Obama too.

Ken
It was a joke. I know who she would endorse seeing as how she and McCain didn't see eye to eye on her and Portia getting married....thought he was going to choke on his tongue when she asked him to walk her down the aisle And I always pictured her as the groom and Portia in the dress.....

Some people just can't handle joking anymore. Sheesh, is it November yet?

Old 06-05-2008, 02:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
It was a joke. I know who she would endorse seeing as how she and McCain didn't see eye to eye on her and Portia getting married....thought he was going to choke on his tongue when she asked him to walk her down the aisle And I always pictured her as the groom and Portia in the dress.....

Some people just can't handle joking anymore. Sheesh, is it November yet?

Yeah actually I figured as much. I thought I had put a smiley face in the post.

Sorry.

Ken

Old 06-05-2008, 02:42 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
The new Oprah's a white lesbian? LOL
Who will be the new Rosie O'Donnell? Naomi Campbell?
Can you picture Ellen saying "These are the best brownies I've EVVVVVVVER had!" Or how bout "You told Harpo to beat me!"

Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Well she is still popular enough to help bring out the vote for Obama.

She will bring out a certain vote for Obama and her support of him will bring out a backlash of voters for McCain.

Oh, and her ratings loss is now at -11%.

Remember, Michael Jackson was very popular at one time. America gets bored with celebrities and likes to know them off the pedestal. Oprah has more to her than most, that's why she's been up on that pedestal for so long. Her run is about over, IMHO and judging by the ratings #'s.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:29 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
She will bring out a certain vote for Obama and her support of him will bring out a backlash of voters for McCain.

Oh, and her ratings loss is now at -11%.

Remember, Michael Jackson was very popular at one time. America gets bored with celebrities and likes to know them off the pedestal. Oprah has more to her than most, that's why she's been up on that pedestal for so long. Her run is about over, IMHO and judging by the ratings #'s.
You can't compare Michael Jackson to Oprah. Michael's popularity dimmed when people became more concerned with his erratic behavior than his talent. Once Oprah has a couple plastic surgeries, builds a theme park in her back yard and invites little girls to sleep in her bedroom; we'll compare them.

Regardless, I think the only people who will be swayed to vote for or against one candidate over another based on Oprah's presence are the one's who weren't voting for the right reason if the first place.

No one is going to say "I was all for McCain until I saw Oprah wearing an Obama Sweatshirt. Not the curious George one either"

Old 06-06-2008, 08:31 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You can't compare Michael Jackson to Oprah. Michael's popularity dimmed when people became more concerned with his erratic behavior than his talent. Once Oprah has a couple plastic surgeries, builds a theme park in her back yard and invites little girls to sleep in her bedroom; we'll compare them.
LOL, or if she starts tugging at her crotch while doing her happy dance....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections