Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:40 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Republicans like to put people in office because of their talents and qualifications, if they are black that is fine, but they are not going to be pushed ahead solely because they are black. This is what Martin Luther King wanted....not what the democrat party does, pushing an unqualified black candidate just because he's black. You dems are shameless in your race baiting and this presidential race is shining a bright light on you.

I'm sure you are starting to notice that more and more people, black and white see just who the "racist" party is.... You try to brush off Obamas long and deep associations with those idiot, racist friends of his. You think that him saying he quits the church is going to give him a pass. You are sorley mistaken. Nobody has forgotten how insane these "mentors" are and the videos will be running throughout the summer.
I think the same could be said about Hillary...people were pushing because she is a woman and would have also made history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
there should be one for the GOP that says: rich whites only with the occasional token Negro.

yup no rich white people in the democrat party.
What a laugh.

We free the slaves, we support the 1964 civil rights act and the southern democrats vote against it and some how Republicans are racists and rich. That is very interesting.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:38 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
there should be one for the GOP that says: rich whites only with the occasional token Negro.
I'm willing to bet that if a survey was taken it would show that there are more rich Democrats than Republicans. That's certainly the case in Congress. As far as Blacks are concerned they know they are welcome in the GOP as long as they are not looking for a free ride.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Republicans may not care if a fella is black but they definately care whether or not he's rich. And everybody honest knows that when the Democrats disavowed racism in the 1960s the GOP welcomed the racists; thus Nixon's southern strategy and the change of the South from Democrat to Republican.
When did the Democrats disavow racism? Ask democratic senator Robert Byrd from WV, he's a KKK member.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
When did the Democrats disavow racism? Ask democratic senator Robert Byrd from WV, he's a KKK member.
he's a former member. He's old enough to have lived the times when the Southern Democrats (Thurmond's Dixiecrats) were the racists before switching to the GOP.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
The Democratic Party "left" when it nominated John Kerry and actually expected him to win. This is just a continuation of the saga. Notice how the number of people identifying as "Independent" has risen sharply?

Old 06-05-2008, 12:25 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
There's actually a lot of truth to that.

The Democratic Party (for the most part) has lost it's soul.

It still doesn't make the Republican Party right. But the Democratic Party needs to recover a lot of what it has lost. (See the list in that cartoon.)

Old 06-05-2008, 12:27 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,829 times
I know what you're saying...I'm not a Democrat. I was a Republican and I firmly believe the party left me, so now I'm an Independent. Perhaps this is an option you should look into.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The Democratic Party "left" when it nominated John Kerry and actually expected him to win. This is just a continuation of the saga. Notice how the number of people identifying as "Independent" has risen sharply?

The number of independents rises as more and more Republicans leave their sinking ship.

Even McCain has considered becoming an independent in the past. I kinda doubt that he'll switch this year, though.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
[quote=Elmonellie;3997473]Republicans like to put people in office because of their talents and qualifications,

That's so hilariously funny. Seriously! How in the world can any one make such a claim after what we have experienced over the last 8 years. Iraq, Katrina, a record surplus turned into a record deficit. This is the result of Republican talent and qualifications? Too funny.

Quote:
they are not going to be pushed ahead solely because they are black.
Please explain Alan Keyes.

Quote:
This is what Martin Luther King wanted....not what the democrat party does, pushing an unqualified black candidate just because he's black.
Oh God another clueless Republican trying to misquote MLK. Spare me, please. Now, I have to assume that you are referring to Barack Obama, well if that is indeed the case then you need to rethink your position. The Democratic Party didn't "push" Barack, Obama pushed himself, presented his positions, ideas and qualities to Democratic voters who liked what they heard and saw and judged him on the "character of his content" that is what MLK was speaking of.

Quote:
You dems are shameless in your race baiting and this presidential race is shining a bright light on you.
How bizarre.

Quote:
I'm sure you are starting to notice that more and more people, black and white see just who the "racist" party is....
Please speak for yourself and try avoid hiding behind your imaginary black friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections