Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 06:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,310,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
I don't know about racist, but she seems very unfriendly to me. And this is the first time she's been proud of her country. That's the words she uttered not long ago.
I heard her say that and I feel her words were taken out of context. At my my college graduation my mom said "I have never been this proud in my life" I didn't take that to mean up until that point she'd never been proud of me or that she had never been proud of my older brother, who is also a college graduate.

People need to stop expecting these presidential candidates and their wives, uncles, cousins, dogs to be perfect speakers 100% of the time. I understand that running for president gives you a higher level of accountability but I'm sure everyone of you has said something that came across in a way other than you intended. If not, then I am honored to participate in a forum full of perfect people.

If everything they said was perfect and every speech had a cool, calm and collected delivery, people would complain that they are robotic, everything they say is pre-written and they are unable to speak freely or from the heart.

It's a lose-lose situation.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM

27,204 posts, read 46,526,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I heard her say that and I feel her words were taken out of context. At my my college graduation my mom said "I have never been this proud in my life" I didn't take that to mean up until that point she'd never been proud of me or that she had never been proud of my older brother, who is also a college graduate.

People need to stop expecting these presidential candidates and their wives, uncles, cousins, dogs to be perfect speakers 100% of the time. I understand that running for president gives you a higher level of accountability but I'm sure everyone of you has said something that came across in a way other than you intended. If not, then I am honored to participate in a forum full of perfect people.

If everything they said was perfect and every speech had a cool, calm and collected delivery, people would complain that they are robotic, everything they say is pre-written and they are unable to speak freely or from the heart.

It's a lose-lose situation.
Well in Obama's case it isn't even 50%, he can't remember names or where he is and "that isn't the man how I know him...", so what is this guy doing half the time, a sleep....

Old 06-07-2008, 11:58 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,844,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGoody View Post
Perfect!!!!!! Everyone that says she is racist are IDIOT 100% IDIOTS know way any black person can be racist and only black people will understand what I mean. Define racist and you will define who you really are if for one second you believe this lady is racist.
A racisit is someone who thinks that people of one race are different than another race. Trinity church (and Ms. O) group "white people" together and accuse them of all kinds of bad behavior.

I and my other white friends don't think black and white people are different due to race. We are not racist and Rev Wright, Pfleger, Ms. O and people that believe what Trinity church is preaching ARE. We have heard their own voices spouting racist ideology.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,533,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
A racisit is someone who thinks that people of one race are different than another race. Trinity church (and Ms. O) group "white people" together and accuse them of all kinds of bad behavior.

I and my other white friends don't think black and white people are different due to race. We are not racist and Rev Wright, Pfleger, Ms. O and people that believe what Trinity church is preaching ARE. We have heard their own voices spouting racist ideology.
We do have differences based on something!! Is this not evident? GOD may have made all of us to be human, but there are some stark differences in our human behaviors.

If the Rev.Wright's church theology makes black people feel good for a couple of hours- so be it. They need something for their mental health whether we like it or not. This theology helps some of them to stay sane in a country that continues to discriminate against them. Now it may not be the most popular way to counteract the effects of discrimination, but it is working for some. Most blacks do not seek out private mental health services, but we know that the sermons from the church provide a sense of well-being for most folks-black or white.

When slaves were allowed to go to church, this was probably the only day they could smile about their plight here in America. Imagine what Mon-Sat felt like for them. We know that on Sunday they looked forward to hearing about this GOD who loved and cared about them, while the rest of the week they had to endure the hatred of other men unlike their own. If it had not been for the church the slave rebellion would have been higher. Fast forward to our modern current day and what do we see??

Old 06-08-2008, 06:29 AM

27,204 posts, read 46,526,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
We do have differences based on something!! Is this not evident? GOD may have made all of us to be human, but there are some stark differences in our human behaviors.

If the Rev.Wright's church theology makes black people feel good for a couple of hours- so be it. They need something for their mental health whether we like it or not. This theology helps some of them to stay sane in a country that continues to discriminate against them. Now it may not be the most popular way to counteract the effects of discrimination, but it is working for some. Most blacks do not seek out private mental health services, but we know that the sermons from the church provide a sense of well-being for most folks-black or white.

When slaves were allowed to go to church, this was probably the only day they could smile about their plight here in America. Imagine what Mon-Sat felt like for them. We know that on Sunday they looked forward to hearing about this GOD who loved and cared about them, while the rest of the week they had to endure the hatred of other men unlike their own. If it had not been for the church the slave rebellion would have been higher. Fast forward to our modern current day and what do we see??
This is shocking to me....."If the Rev.Wright's church theology makes black people feel good for a couple of hours- so be it. They need something for their mental health whether we like it or not. "
That is preaching hate!!!!, rasicm, just to make black people feel good and have fun laughing about fellow Americans. Wow, to me people of all colors are equal, but I start to doubt when I hear these black people talk and laugh about it. It is like they want to get back to what it was, more racism....but the other way around and that isn't how educated people act.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,756,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This is shocking to me....."If the Rev.Wright's church theology makes black people feel good for a couple of hours- so be it. They need something for their mental health whether we like it or not. "
That is preaching hate!!!!, rasicm, just to make black people feel good and have fun laughing about fellow Americans. Wow, to me people of all colors are equal, but I start to doubt when I hear these black people talk and laugh about it. It is like they want to get back to what it was, more racism....but the other way around and that isn't how educated people act.
Preaching hate? That is the reality of our existence? It is his interpretation of that reality and opinion on it; but it is happening. It's a little uncouth, but do you think Black Americans are the only Americans who laugh and make fun of this government and of their fellow citizens? Racism is not pointing out differences in race; rather it is choosing action or opinions towards someone based on their race. Let's put it this way. If there is a White supremacist meeting...do you think a Black person could appear as a guest speaker or support/be a member of the group -- even if they shared their views? No way! Because the inherent thinking is that "you are Black...so you are inferior...the enemy...you will never win us over...no matter what you can do, we are superior to you". This is not "preached" in the Trinity church. They do have White guest speakers and White supporters. Not once does that church imply that White people are lesser human beings. Trinity just calls out the bad behavior exhibited by the White community at large. Just like everyone likes to call out the bad behavior of the Black community all the time.

Those who call Obama "racist" have no clue what racism even is. Please, go to Barnes & Noble and pick up any book...some book on African-American studies because you all are so clueless.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Let's put it this way. If there is a White supremacist meeting...do you think a Black person could appear as a guest speaker or support/be a member of the group -- even if they shared their views?
Yeah, I remember what happened the last time a black guy spoke at a white supremacist meeting. The meeting is about 5 minutes into the video if you want to fast forward

Dave Chapelle - Black White Supremacist Clip » RealVideoSite.com

Old 06-08-2008, 08:33 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah, I remember what happened the last time a black guy spoke at a white supremacist meeting. The meeting is about 5 minutes into the video if you want to fast forward

Dave Chapelle - Black White Supremacist Clip » RealVideoSite.com
Hahaha Dave Chapelle is hilarious! lol

Old 06-08-2008, 08:38 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,844,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post

I (and the white people I associate with) believe there are differences between individuals - not races. I do believe this is the TRUTH that Dr. King spent his life teaching. Again, I say that after realizing that a part of the American black population hate whites AS A GROUP, some of us white people have had a wake up call. We will not feel guilt for something we had nothing to do with and expect each individual black, white or green to be judged by society for the content of their character.

I am sure you are right about your comment about the slaves and that church was a great blessing and relief to them. Slavery was evil in the U.S. as it was everywhere.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I (and the white people I associate with) believe there are differences between individuals - not races.
What do the other people you associate believe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections