U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:58 AM

12,646 posts, read 13,619,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I agree that Obama would have voted for the war also if he was facing military personnel, Colin Powell and countless others feeding them this crap for days and days. Why everyone let Obama get by with this constant remark about how he was against the war and he wasn't even in the Senate is beyond me. Yet another example of how the media was slack when it came to Obama and so hard on Hillary.
The media didn't "let him get by" with this stance. They recognized the Senator had taken a well documented strong stance that is and was publicly verifiable. This wasn't someone who merely made a quick public statement in passing, the Senator went beyond that and became active in his public denunciation as well as officially "on the record" in the capacity he was able. Had he been in the Senate, things may have been different, but if, if was a fifth, we'd all be drunk right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 11:01 AM

3,758 posts, read 7,528,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The media didn't "let him get by" with this stance. They recognized the Senator had taken a well documented strong stance that is and was publicly verifiable. This wasn't someone who merely made a quick public statement in passing, the Senator went beyond that and became active in his public denunciation as well as officially "on the record" in the capacity he was able. Had he been in the Senate, things may have been different, but if, if was a fifth, we'd all be drunk right now.
Well, we will never truly know now will we just like we don't know if Marilyn Monroe committed suicide or was killed, who really shot JFK, etc., etc.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:04 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,432,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please list all of the actions of Cheney, that you consider "proves" that a VP can be a serious contender.

If your going to post on CD.. Please attempt to have some facts to back anything up... Without them, your just another left wing kook who needs psychological help for dilusions.
You didn't know that Cheney has been instrumental in Bush's decision making over the last 8 years?! Whoa! Where are we... circa 2001 [enter twilight zone]. Get me outta this place! Go back to watching your Jerry Falwell memorabilia tapes Mr. 'Dilusion'; I'm not going to overstate the obvious any more to appease you and your ilk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So what if he doesnt like any of the current candidates, does that mean he lower his standards to meet your expectations of a "pretty" candidate?
No, that would be a non sequitur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
if I was a troll, I would live under a bridge. I do have a stronger dislike for obama for one reason, that reason is that I can't find people who are coo coo for mccain. no one here seems to think that mccain is some sort of messiah.
I guess you would if I were speaking in the literal sense. Honestly though, I respect you more than the prodigal McCain follower here, which seem to me are more fixated on smearing Obama more than talking about what they like about their candidate (or defending him even). There's no question in my mind this board is largely duped conservatives. I don't believe everything Obama says and have previously been a outspoken fan of the Libertarian Ron Paul. I also like Dodd, Kucinich, and Gravel (in that order) more than I like Obama. But when choosing between a turn sandwich and a douche, I embrace the douche withe open arms...

Last edited by tekka-maki; 06-09-2008 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or