U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 AM
 
5,160 posts, read 6,615,160 times
Reputation: 3520

Advertisements

Also, according to OpenSecrets Wall street has given 49 million dollars to the Democratic party this election compared to 33 million to Republicans. Gee, is this why the bill is stuck in commitee? Will Obama return this PAC money?

Neither party cares what's good for the country. THey both are interested in making more money for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2008, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,619,029 times
Reputation: 1679
There's a lot of folks making money....At least thanks to Senator Obama's bipartisan efforts we can see more of it.

Welcome to USAspending.gov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,091,449 times
Reputation: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
There's a lot of folks making money....At least thanks to Senator Obama's bipartisan efforts we can see more of it.

Welcome to USAspending.gov
if barack knows so much about the economy, how come he is proposing a huge tax increase on the middle class and the poor. not the top 2% that everyone talks about. a tax that will affect 1/3 of all americans. he is doing this despite the fact that he knows that when the tax increases, government revenue goes down. this is literally the policies of someone who is mentally unstable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,872,370 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
if barack knows so much about the economy, how come he is proposing a huge tax increase on the middle class and the poor. not the top 2% that everyone talks about. a tax that will affect 1/3 of all americans. he is doing this despite the fact that he knows that when the tax increases, government revenue goes down. this is literally the policies of someone who is mentally unstable.
Would you please provide links to info about the huge tax increase(s) on the middle class?

So many people come on here and start railing away with these insane statements as if they were facts, as Im sure you've noticed. Then when it turns out they dont have links they look like idiots and they lose any credibility on whatever else they post.

It's hard to take your post seriously if you dont or cant back it up. So please give links if you've got 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,091,449 times
Reputation: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Would you please provide links to info about the huge tax increase(s) on the middle class?

So many people come on here and start railing away with these insane statements as if they were facts, as Im sure you've noticed. Then when it turns out they dont have links they look like idiots and they lose any credibility on whatever else they post.

It's hard to take your post seriously if you dont or cant back it up. So please give links if you've got 'em.


YouTube - Barack Obama on Taxes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 11:09 AM
 
Location: New Mexico
8,388 posts, read 8,101,803 times
Reputation: 4070
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I am not confused about his accomplishments! he grew up a spoiled brat drug abuser, benefited from affirmative action, got his degree from one of the most liberal colleges in the united states, and then got a senate seat which he didn't earn.

Does this mean you're no longer considering a vote for Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,091,449 times
Reputation: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Does this mean you're no longer considering a vote for Obama?
or mccain. obama and mccain are the same candidate to me. the only good democrat this time around was mike gravel. even if he is an 81 year old lunatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 11:33 AM
 
1,517 posts, read 2,432,390 times
Reputation: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
truth hurts doesn't it?
Yes, I am saddened by all the bigotry and apathy in the world today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
 
1,517 posts, read 2,432,390 times
Reputation: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
or mccain. obama and mccain are the same candidate to me. the only good democrat this time around was mike gravel. even if he is an 81 year old lunatic.
Must be great not taking a stance on anything while invariably trolling this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,091,449 times
Reputation: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Yes, I am saddened by all the bigotry and apathy in the world today.
that makes you sad? wow, this country is in worse shape than I though. you are sad that people have opposing points of view? does that not make you somewhat of a bigot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top