Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 09:30 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Post random arbitrary garbage, such is your way.
by citing facts? go back to school. when candidates get in trouble with the law and other ones drop out, that is a default. he wasn't popular until the voters were given the choice of the unknown. reading is fundamental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,439,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
by citing facts? go back to school. when candidates get in trouble with the law and other ones drop out, that is a default. he wasn't popular until the voters were given the choice of the unknown. reading is fundamental.
Amen.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:53 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
Exactly my point. Your only purpose here is to annoy and you don't even like any of the candidates (by your own testament). Your mission is to simply troll, post hasty generalizations, and post general discontent for politicians 'over the last 100 years' (yet you show a particular disdain for Obama despite your alleged neutrality). Playful rhetoric is your scope.

Honestly, I don't mind as I find you amusing but let's call a spade a spade shall we.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Making fun of? Are you smoking pipe? I'm just being pragmatic. You must seriously consider his running mate as well. Cheney has proven that the VP can be a serious contender...
Please list all of the actions of Cheney, that you consider "proves" that a VP can be a serious contender.

If your going to post on CD.. Please attempt to have some facts to back anything up... Without them, your just another left wing kook who needs psychological help for dilusions.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:57 AM

You need to start to preface your postings with.

Warning: I am a left wing kook who has no problem at all just posting something that I heard, from some other kook. I have no problem with posting data that has proven to be false, as long as it makes me feel better. Other left wing kooks can feel free to respond to my postings, but if you have facts to dispute my postings, please dont bother because facts dont matter. They hurt my feelings.

Quote:
Moot. I am however compassionate about the millions of innocents McCain has voted to execute via occupation in Iraq... most of whom are much younger and have lived rather unfulfilled lives; however inadvertent his actions may be.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Exactly my point. Your only purpose here is to annoy and you don't even like any of the candidates (by your own testament). Your mission is to simply troll, post hasty generalizations, and post general discontent for politicians 'over the last 100 years' (yet you show a particular disdain for Obama despite your alleged neutrality). Playful rhetoric is your scope.

Honestly, I don't mind as I find you amusing but let's call a spade a spade shall we.
So what if he doesnt like any of the current candidates, does that mean he lower his standards to meet your expectations of a "pretty" candidate?

Old 06-08-2008, 06:36 AM

7,924 posts, read 9,148,359 times
Quote:
Moot. I am however compassionate about the millions of innocents McCain has voted to execute via occupation in Iraq... most of whom are much younger and have lived rather unfulfilled lives; however inadvertent his actions may be.
Are you as angry with your Democratic Congressmen and Senators who also authorized the war? They have just as much responsibility. Remember, the only reason Obama didn't vote for the war was he wasn't in the Senate yet.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:47 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,439,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Are you as angry with your Democratic Congressmen and Senators who also authorized the war? They have just as much responsibility. Remember, the only reason Obama didn't vote for the war was he wasn't in the Senate yet.
I agree that Obama would have voted for the war also if he was facing military personnel, Colin Powell and countless others feeding them this crap for days and days. Why everyone let Obama get by with this constant remark about how he was against the war and he wasn't even in the Senate is beyond me. Yet another example of how the media was slack when it came to Obama and so hard on Hillary.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:28 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
Quote:

if I was a troll, I would live under a bridge. I do have a stronger dislike for obama for one reason, that reason is that I can't find people who are coo coo for mccain. no one here seems to think that mccain is some sort of messiah.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:53 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
NO. We don't remember. However, if you provide proof to substantiate this claim I'm certain we could all join in your assertion. What we do have is proof of his activities and well documented statements, while serving in public office, regarding his stance on the War. Upon further review of these documents it is difficult for anyone to assert that based on the statements and the mood at the time, there was not considerable risk to his future political career for taking the stance that he did. What is particularly telling is that his Democrat & Republican peers have recognized his move as courageous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections