Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Like I said, even if Florida and Michigan were given all of their votes, Obama would still be in the lead and still of won the nomination, that simple...unlike the GOP, with McCain only winning the majority of the vote in three of the competitive states. If it wasn't for Huckabee and Romney splitting the conservative vote, McCain wouldn't be the nominee.
Well, in point of fact, if you took the SD's away from Obama, he would not have enough for the nomination. They've been filtering his way for a while.

SD's in case you forgot, are not voters persay, but are party elites, congress, insiders and state leaders.

What party did you say is the more democrat-ic?

Take those 395 away from him - what do you get?

Election Center 2008 - Election & Politics News from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Are the people who supported Hillary and say they will now vote for McCain instead of Obama the same people who said they would move to Canada if Bush won in 2004 but didn't?
No. That's not me, I never threatened to move to Canada if Bush won in 2004..

Old 06-08-2008, 09:47 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. That's not me, I never threatened to move to Canada if Bush won in 2004..
Yeah, but if you had, your money would be worth a lot more now.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:51 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
Its Obamas funeral, let him run.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:15 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,717,719 times
"vote for the Party that better suits your interest, stupid and idiotic wars, poor economics, and a decline of civil liberties."

That summation may work for a voter who has a memory of oh, say, 19 years, but for anyone with more historical knowledge it's just a bit shallow. Besides, I heard nothing at all in Obama's rhetoric that convinced me that he would improved the economic decline, stop a war, or restore my civil liberties.

As far as I can see the outcome was a vote for the young man instead of the old lady type vote. Nothing new there.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, in point of fact, if you took the SD's away from Obama, he would not have enough for the nomination. They've been filtering his way for a while.

SD's in case you forgot, are not voters persay, but are party elites, congress, insiders and state leaders.

What party did you say is the more democrat-ic?

Take those 395 away from him - what do you get?

Election Center 2008 - Election & Politics News from CNN.com

Actually, South Dakota is, like every other primary, one in which voters vote. Thing was, it was a closed primary, meaning that you had to be a registered Democrat to vote, unlike Montana and Idaho, where independents could vote. And why would you take the votes in SD away? What, they don't count?

Like I said, even with all of Florida and Michigan's delegates counted, Obama would still be in the lead. He might not of had the nomination and it would have gone to the convention, but still, he would have been in the lead...and of course, Edward's delegates would have switched to Obama, since Edward's endorsed Obama, and Obama would still be the nominee.

But, of course, we all know that there are nothing but black folks and arugala eating liberals in Montana

Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Its Obamas funeral, let him run.

Yahhh....leading by eight points in all the polls, even after McSame has had months to run unopposed That's a funeral all right...

Old 06-09-2008, 12:40 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yahhh....leading by eight points in all the polls, even after McSame has had months to run unopposed That's a funeral all right...
Oh I thought she meant it's his funeral like he was going to die- I didn't get that it was a metaphor my bad

Old 06-09-2008, 01:13 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
First off, "Affirmative action" also is used to help women, but thankfully, no woman was almost the nominee...ohh, wait....

As for the "experience" question, Obama was a community organizer in a poor workingclass neighborhood of Chicago, getting paid next to nothing and living in a roach infested little apartment while he helped the working poor, for years...while McCain lived-large with the money he got from his rich admiral/businessman daddy and the money he got from his mistress turned second wife. BTW, that android he's married to is the woman he cheated on his current ex-wife with, some "moral clarity" there

Obama worked for eight years in the Illinoise senate...while McCain used the celebrity status of his being a POW and his daddy's money to buy a congressional seat, and never actually worked on a local level. Instead, he went straight from being a flandering playboy to ruling from the Ivory Tower.

In other words, in many ways, Obama has MORE experience than McCain.

Also, what is experience anyway? A president has A TON of advisers who help him make the decisions...who do you want doing the advising? People like Madalene Albright(who Obama's advisers will be like), or people like Karl Rove? (who McSame's advisors will be like)

And please, PLEASE do not call yourself a Clinton supporter if you're voting for the McChurian candidate. Clinton has endorsed Obama and will work to help him become president. If you really believed in Clinton, than you would do as she asked on Saturday and work to help Obama as much as you worked to help her.

Ohhh...and the DEMOCRATIC PARTY gave Obama the nomination! Instead of whining about the media, why not get angry at THE PEOPLE in Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Maine, Vermont, Hawaii, Washington State, Kansas, Nebraska and other states?

Montana... I suppose it's just a bunch of blacks living there that no one ever knew about who came out and gave Obama the nomination.
The best post up here.

While I was readind the posts, I am confused as to what kool-aid has to do with anything except that it is a stereotype of blacks, like watermelon and fried chicken...is that what it means?

And if you think that Obama is only the nominee because of affirmative action then what about Hilary as Victorian Punk stated? I see a lot of people posting that Obama supports bring up race and that he is racist, but those that oppose him bring it up way more, just in discrete forms on this thread.

And if you are really gay and for the advancement of the LGBT community then why would you vote for someone who is against the rights for you and your community.You are going against what you were hoping for in the first place when you voted for Clinton in the primaries. Thats like me voting for someone in the KKK.

And women who where voting for Clinton and are now either going to sit it out or vote for McCain, again it goes against everything that you previously stood for. Plus she has put all of her support behind him. If you were really passionate about your candidate then you would support her no matter what...why give up the fight so easily?

Me, I am and would be happy with either of them because they share a lot of the same policies.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:25 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
The best post up here.

While I was readind the posts, I am confused as to what kool-aid has to do with anything except that it is a stereotype of blacks, like watermelon and fried chicken...is that what it means?

"Drinking the kool-aid" is a now-trite phrase which refers to Jim Jones' followers who drank their kool-aid. (click on the link; scroll down a bit)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections