Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:04 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times

Advertisements

Look who is the economic policy director for Obama: The New York Sun

This does not bode well for America!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 03:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
As far as I can tell the guy just admires Wal-Mart's business model.

I think the bigger concern is the former Fannie Mae CEO VP-search advisor.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 AM

I thought you loved Obama?

The whole thing is a big concern -- plus the fact that Obama changes what he believes from week to week to week. Today he'll love Wal-Mart, tomorrow he'll hate it.

I really CAN NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!! I just can't.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Im just being honest. Most of the time I spend on here Im trying to disabuse people of idiotic rumors, which happen to be mostly directed at Obama (Muslim, terrorist, Whitey etc), or trying to sort out fiction from fact. (Well I admit I get carried away sometimes - but I would like to believe that someone has good, fresh things in mind for the country and the direction of the world.) When there's been something good to say about Hillary or McCain I dont have a problem saying it. Im not on here as a hardcore Obamaton IOW.

The crooked Fannie Mae guy really bothers me. There's no way they didnt recognize that what he stands for is at odds with their entire message. To quote Kevin Kline - "DISAPPOINTED!!!"

Old 06-10-2008, 04:40 AM

The crooked Fannie Mae guy is the one doing the VP Search -- yes?

Yeah, well that one is bad too.

But this Wal-Mart admirer is going to frame Obama's economic story....

I'm not real enthused about Obama and his economic ideas.

PLEASE BRING HILLARY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
There are alot of us Democrats that shop at Wal*Mart and we well remember what life was like before Wal*Mart. I buy lots of things at Wal*Mart (although groceries come from Costco and Kroger) and when you bash Wal*Mart you are bashing alot of Democrats. We are not all Volvo driving latte sippers you know. Quite a few of us work for a living too.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:28 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
As far as I can tell the guy just admires Wal-Mart's business model.

I think the bigger concern is the former Fannie Mae CEO VP-search advisor.
Agreed. As far as Wal-Mart, what is wrong with looking to someone thinking a successful, efficient operation is a good thing. Our government could use that mentality.

With respect to the Fannie Mae story, this is problematic. Obama was pretty hard on the entire loan situation (well enough documented, I don't have to provide a link) and the allegation is that the Fannie Mae CEO got some pretty sweet loan options out of the operation.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Obama--Wal-Mart jobs for everyone!!
Cool--sign me up for the Garden Center! Do I get a snazzy blue vest and everything?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There are alot of us Democrats that shop at Wal*Mart and we well remember what life was like before Wal*Mart. I buy lots of things at Wal*Mart (although groceries come from Costco and Kroger) and when you bash Wal*Mart you are bashing alot of Democrats. We are not all Volvo driving latte sippers you know. Quite a few of us work for a living too.
Quite a few people who drive Volvos and drink latte's pay for those through their own hard work as well.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:28 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Quite a few people who drive Volvos and drink latte's pay for those through their own hard work as well.
Yes, we come in all shapes and sizes, some love walmart, some hate it, some drive F150s, some drive Volvos (& Priuses), some drink Pabst, some drink lattes, I think most of us work for a living though.
As for the walmart situation, I am not a fan of walmart, but I do understand that they have proven themselves to be a good model for efficiency, and that is something that our government is sorely in need of. Of course walmart's efficiency has been helped by keeping employee benefits practically non-existent, but I am sure that Obama's plan will not take that page from their playbook.
I too am disappointed at his vp committee choices, actually all 3 of them, the least offensive of the group is Carolyn Kennedy, but I'm not sure what she adds to the team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections