Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,098,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
Barr already has a VP...Root is his name. Barr is looking more and more appealing
I did not know that. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,884,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
Oh Tuborg, you just want to scare me, right?
I am not holding my breath for any miracles in the near future, regardless of who is elected, I think we probably do have a few more rapids to get past before we find some calmer water, but I think Obama will steer us clear of any waterfalls.
I think he has proven himself to have good judgement on the major issues, I know you are skeptical on his economic plans, but I think that his long term goals are clear, he wants to invest in alternative fuels and I think that focusing on that is key to our economic future because the cost of oil & gas seems to be the brick that is weighing us down more than anything, reducing our dependancy on oil is a neccesity.
I would have agreed with you last week. He has good economic advisors the problem is the poltics he is starting to play. I posted a link in a thread about the two camps in his campaign. His economic advisors who are respected and given him a degree of street credibility on wall street. His political advisors who want him to go more populace and after the lower middle class vote. I am afraid he is listening to his political advisors now that he has the nomination and the reaction on wall street is not one to build confidence in his candidacy. Tried and tested failed policies may sound good but! We don't need another tax and spend.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,098,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
We don't need another tax and spend.
At least mcCain was against the Bush tax cuts originally because spending wasn't being cut to match. I have no idea where he stands on this issue today.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
At least mcCain was against the Bush tax cuts originally because spending wasn't being cut to match. I have no idea where he stands on this issue today.
What do the polls say he should believe? Obama is listening to them also.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,947,520 times
Quote:
I would have agreed with you last week. He has good economic advisors the problem is the poltics he is starting to play. I posted a link in a thread about the two camps in his campaign. His economic advisors who are respected and given him a degree of street credibility on wall street. His political advisors who want him to go more populace and after the lower middle class vote. I am afraid he is listening to his political advisors now that he has the nomination and the reaction on wall street is not one to build confidence in his candidacy. Tried and tested failed policies may sound good but! We don't need another tax and spend.
I see your point, I hate to see him go down the road of trying to win over this supposed "working class" vote. I really don't believe that he believes that this is the best way to help the economy, but I do see the reality that he is facing in that he must get elected before he can make any changes. Appealing to Joe Schmoe is going to get a lot more votes than appealing to Bill Gates, I hate to sound cynical, but maybe he is just being practical for now, I think that once he gets elected, he will stick to the common sense economic principals that he has proposed.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 AM

I like the guy and this is part of my contribution to vetting him as a candidate.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,947,520 times
Quote:
I like the guy and this is part of my contribution to vetting him as a candidate.
You're doing a very good job, I think maybe he should hire you as a consultant!

Old 06-10-2008, 11:48 AM

Nah I am retired and doing it for love of God, Family and Country.

God bless my family and the land that has enabled us to prosper.

My biracial children are products of the same society that has enabled Barack and Michelle to reach for the stars. Now if we can get him back to earth and practical.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:06 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,832,742 times
I must admit, that I am now totally on the fence with this presidential election. Despite proudly displaying my signed 8.5x11 glossys in my home office of President Reagan, Bush Sr., Dick Cheney and Mr. and Mrs. Bush and my personal favorites of ME AND Reagan and my invitation to the Pres. Bush's inagural celebration, and my years of supporting McCain I am not so sure he is the best of the candidates for President.

Im a huge fan of Sen. McCain's military record, his work in Arizona and his passion to clean up boxing but I dont think he is anywhere near as smart as Sen. Obama. McCain has more experience but how much does experience really matter because anyone can assemble a powerful and experienced cabinet. I could wait for the head-to-head debates but then again, McCain may end up coming across as a crumugenly old man who is not as smart as his opponent.

I just dont know on this one.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,182,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Obama has a lot of ex-Carter administration advisors. Carter administration? Hello? Carter was one of the worst presidents in history. Do I really want Obama listening to Carter's old advisors? I don't think so.

Hillary at least had her husbands old advisors. They were a LOT smarter than Carters were. Clinton and Obama ARE NOT ALIKE!!

why is Obama getting Carter's old advisiors??
Where is his "New Washington"??
I do not know at this point who will get my vote
it is too early to tell
I already do not like nor do I trust Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections