Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:08 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times

Advertisements

What's your thoughts? I, personally, think he should. I mean, she possibly could be the deciding factor in whether he wins the general election with the 17 million plus votes she got from women, senior citizens, Latinos and po folk like me. Also, I keep hearing all this talk about all the money that Bill Clinton could raise for him, and Obama has also indicated that he would like Bill's support (at least the other day he did). So, come on here, I think the answer is pretty evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 04:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
In looking around I only found this:
Under federal campaign finance law, the Obama campaign cannot directly pay off Clinton's debts, or the $11.43 million she has loaned the campaign, because that would violate campaign contribution limits. But if Obama is the nominee, he and his donor base could provide invaluable help to her in raising money through signed appeals, joint fundraisers and by other methods.
Obama Camp Faces Major Obstacles In Plan To Help Clinton Pay Off Debt - Politics on The Huffington Post

Old 06-10-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
In looking around I only found this:
Under federal campaign finance law, the Obama campaign cannot directly pay off Clinton's debts, or the $11.43 million she has loaned the campaign, because that would violate campaign contribution limits. But if Obama is the nominee, he and his donor base could provide invaluable help to her in raising money through signed appeals, joint fundraisers and by other methods.
Obama Camp Faces Major Obstacles In Plan To Help Clinton Pay Off Debt - Politics on The Huffington Post
I know CNN did a segment on it the other day and said he can help with a portion of it but not all of it. Any little bit helps

Old 06-10-2008, 04:12 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Yes he should.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
In all honesty I'm still on the fence on this issue.

Not that my opinion is going to make any difference.

Ken

Old 06-10-2008, 04:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
PG77, you're a former Hillary supporter correct?

What do you think she's going to do with this downtime window she has now? I know she'll be back in the fray soon enough but right now she has a minute to relax - do you think she'll take advantage of it?

I read a thing by Sally Quinn in the Wash Post suggesting a retreat to just get away from everyone - Bill, Chelsea, assistants, everyone - and just unwind and get back in touch with her own true self.

Have you read anything about her plans? I think that's interesting.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
PG77, you're a former Hillary supporter correct?

What do you think she's going to do with this downtime window she has now? I know she'll be back in the fray soon enough but right now she has a minute to relax - do you think she'll take advantage of it?

I read a thing by Sally Quinn in the Wash Post suggesting a retreat to just get away from everyone - Bill, Chelsea, assistants, everyone - and just unwind and get back in touch with her own true self.

Have you read anything about her plans? I think that's interesting.
Yes, I am. Not sure what she will do in her downtime, probably rest a spell. I know I would. Paul Begali [SP] was just on CNN and they were asking him about her. He said she was doing OK, but I missed the rest of it. I am sure CNN will repeat it at least 800 more times and I will let you know what I find out. I am thinking she will re-energize in a short time though. My girl is tough and a fighter. I could see her in the Supreme Court myself.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:23 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
he'll pay off some of it, Im sure.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:24 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
As long as I'm not nailed for any part of it, I could care less.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
he'll pay off some of it, Im sure.
Yes, I think he will, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections