Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 08:12 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Those petrified at the thought of an Obama presidency.
Is this a solid core however? Senator Obama has overwhelmingly shown that the more he campaigns and shows up, the more support he gains. This is just reality backed by the math.

Doesn't that leave an opportunity (which is all anyone ever needs) for Senator Obama to engage and possibly convince or at least assuage some of those voters concerns? I believe it does.

Last edited by walidm; 06-11-2008 at 09:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 08:15 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,961 times
I don't think there is such an animal.

McCain supporters are made up of people that refuse to vote for Obama (for whatever reason).

Enthsiastic McCain supporter, hmmm.... they must be in hiding for now!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 AM

There has to be some measurable base of support doesn't there? Have we ever had a candidate who has no definable base? Does this mean the people are seriously rejecting the notion of Demographic grouping. How existential.

What could we call them.....the Rejectionists!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:17 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
If he is the candidate of the Rejectionists doesn't that make him our greates REJECT?

Old 06-11-2008, 09:22 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I still think mccain is going to crush him. obama is EXTREME on some issues. I don't think it's going to play well in mainstream america. however, polls mean nothing. only the final result matters, and I am not all that convinced that isn't tainted.
I don't think so because people would rather vote for a candidate who at least has a defined stand on issues rather than one who seems ambiguous. If voters can't read McCain, they're going to feel uneasy and won't vote for him. He needs to pull his head out of his a$$ and turn two already.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I don't think so because people would rather vote for a candidate who at least has a defined stand on issues rather than one who seems ambiguous. If voters can't read McCain, they're going to feel uneasy and won't vote for him. He needs to pull his head out of his a$$ and turn two already.
I think McCain is of the mindset tha Marquise has and feels the election is his to lose and he just need to stay safe and in the middle and not say anything that he will regret.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:37 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
McCain's base was an independent base, and in an election year where that would have been a major plus he's run a very misguided campaign. He hasn't really appealed to that independent base, he's mostly tried to sell himself off as the typical neo-con. What I see is a lot of people supporting McCain because he's republican, or because they really hate Obama, not necessarily because they like McCain or his campaign.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 AM

I think the Rejectionist's are already getting a bit worried, their guy doesn't have good slogan yet and the green aged him, he going on Saturday Night Live now.....if he misses a line.....

Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,898 times
McCain doesn't have a defined base. Even the seniors are skeptical of him! I keep saying over and over again - McCain is probably going to pull less than 10% of the voters under the age of 30.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
McCain's base was an independent base, and in an election year where that would have been a major plus he's run a very misguided campaign. He hasn't really appealed to that independent base, he's mostly tried to sell himself off as the typical neo-con. What I see is a lot of people supporting McCain because he's republican, or because they really hate Obama, not necessarily because they like McCain or his campaign.
What's interesting about this, (and I had forgotten) was the number of Independents who supported him earlier in the Primary elections. While Senator Obama clearly had more raw numbers, Senator McCain did have some support their.

Hmm, I'll need to see if I can find later campaign results and numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections