Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You are the one that constantly makes the point that people in the states of KY & WV are backwoods, racist, white trailer trash that won't vote for Obama because he is black.

Only when someone mentioned a lot of Irish lived in these areas did you take offense.

You have been insulting someones father, brothers and sister with your sweeping generalizations of two states.

Maybe YOU should stop looking at people as racist, white trash.
Isnt it funny KevK tells you he is offended by your using Irish when he is one of the most racist posters on this board?

If whites have the trailer trash, then what does the blacks inner cities live in Kev? I see you also call them white rednecks? What do you call the inner city blacks who are trash? Hoodlums?

Race is a factor, blacks are voting at 95% for Obama, but people think that is ok, if 95% of whites all voted for McCain, we would see a bunch of whiney butted crybabies crying racism now wouldnt we.

Get over it!

McCain will win because he is the best candidate of the three, I can not counting out Hillary yet because people are going to write her in allot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
The irony is that the black vote this election could turn red states blue
Sorry, not enough of them to do that.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:06 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,778,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I agree head on with you. Hillary had one thing Obama didn't is experience, and a powerful team behind her to push their similar agenda's forward. But because Obama is African American, he won the nomination, despite his lack of experience and very similar views compared to Hillary. Sounds a lot like affirmative action, where qualifications come second to race.

This society has a lot of improvements to make from a racial standpoint on both sides; white and black. We aren't as happily mixed as the media says we are, or else Clinton and Obama would have split that vote right down the middle between both WHITES AND BLACKS.
Many do not feel a preference for Sen. Obama has anything to do with race

YouTube - 20 minutes or so about why I am 4Barack

(it's a 20 minute video...by Professor Lawrence Lessig, and I don't expect anyone to actually watch the thing, but it does an excellent job of highlighting Sen. Obama's strengths over Clinton's).

I agree with your second paragraph.

Last edited by MissShona; 06-16-2008 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 06-16-2008, 11:15 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Get over it!

I always loved this logic. Everythings fair now, black people...just....get over it! Forget about that bad stuff and just stop whining about it!

Old 06-17-2008, 12:19 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
I always loved this logic. Everythings fair now, black people...just....get over it! Forget about that bad stuff and just stop whining about it!
Bad stuff, what bad stuff, do you mean 150 years ago?
If anything bad has happen to you in the last 40 years that would be your fault and no one elses.

Personal responsibility, get over it, many have overcome bad stuff and have done well, its call work, learn, effort and stop whining about what happen 150 years ago.

Just as much bad stuff has happened to whites as blacks? And for you info in the last 20 years it has turned a 360 and whites are the ones getting screwed over now. Isnt that great.

No everything is not fair now, many white men get screwed over everyday for jobs and promotions when they are the superior skilled applicant.

Come on, Ohio State University still today screws over applicants so they can place a certain amount of minorities in certain classes, they bypass what is right.

Many ohio schools will not allow a kid to play sports if they have a c or below on their report card and didnt pass the previous years testing. Well, there is a lower rule for blacks and a higher rule for whites, now how is that fair?

Yes, get over it and do something, you have the whole world handed to you, you just got to do something with it.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:42 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
When Jesse Jackson ran, he wanted to give money to descendants of African slaves. Now that was a ridiculous idea. Its a wonder why anyone still listens to the man.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 AM

20 posts, read 52,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I agree head on with you. Hillary had one thing Obama didn't is experience, and a powerful team behind her to push their similar agenda's forward. But because Obama is African American, he won the nomination, despite his lack of experience and very similar views compared to Hillary. Sounds a lot like affirmative action, where qualifications come second to race.

This society has a lot of improvements to make from a racial standpoint on both sides; white and black. We aren't as happily mixed as the media says we are, or else Clinton and Obama would have split that vote right down the middle between both WHITES AND BLACKS.
are you aware that white women are the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action? even the U.S. department of labor has confirmed this. affirmative action and equal opportunity programs include both race and gender. but what is not positive is how it is always portrayed as though people of color, or in this case some "under qualified" black man has stolen the job from a qualified white individual. it seems like some people subconsciously feel entitled to certain positions because of their race, never considering that someone of another background could have possibly worked just as hard if not more to get where they are.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
[quote=denverbeast;4131140]are you aware that white women are the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action? even the U.S. department of labor has confirmed this. affirmative action and equal opportunity programs include both race and gender. but what is not positive is how it is always portrayed as though people of color, or in this case some "under qualified" black man has stolen the job from a qualified white individual. it seems like some people subconsciously feel entitled to certain positions because of their race, never considering that someone of another background could have possibly worked just as hard if not more to get where they are.[/quote]

That is where you are wrong in my assessment. Sometimes the black candidate is more qualified, which is the situation you present. But often times, the white candidate is more qualified than a black candidate, but is rejected because of race. That is not fair. Just as blacks dont like being denied jobs because of their race despite their qualifications, neither do whites.

As I said, this society has a lot of progress before we are a well mixed society racially speaking.

One of my dreams for America in my lifetime is to be able to say that we have no affirmative action. That employers and colleges accept/employ the most qualified candidates despite color. That those who have extremist views, from the Klan to Reverend Wright are given no attention by society. That if we have another black candidate, his/her race will not be the deciding factor for whites OR blacks; and their skin color will not weigh on their minds at all.

You all are attacking me, but you keep proving my point, that this society has A LOT of work before it is the perfect "America" and we clearly aren't as far as many think we are.

When 97% of African Americans vote for the African American candidate in the primaries, you have a big problem. It is clear that there are still some kinks we need to work out.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:26 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,009,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Bad stuff, what bad stuff, do you mean 150 years ago?
If anything bad has happen to you in the last 40 years that would be your fault and no one elses.

Personal responsibility, get over it, many have overcome bad stuff and have done well, its call work, learn, effort and stop whining about what happen 150 years ago.

Just as much bad stuff has happened to whites as blacks? And for you info in the last 20 years it has turned a 360 and whites are the ones getting screwed over now. Isnt that great.

No everything is not fair now, many white men get screwed over everyday for jobs and promotions when they are the superior skilled applicant.

Come on, Ohio State University still today screws over applicants so they can place a certain amount of minorities in certain classes, they bypass what is right.

Many ohio schools will not allow a kid to play sports if they have a c or below on their report card and didnt pass the previous years testing. Well, there is a lower rule for blacks and a higher rule for whites, now how is that fair?

Yes, get over it and do something, you have the whole world handed to you, you just got to do something with it.
Boo hoo for whites . Your ignorance is astounding. "If anything bad has happen to you in the last 40 years that would be your fault and no one elses." Really though? Because of the gradual passage of Civil Rights laws, the outlook for minorities suddenly changed? Racist attitudes that existed one day were gone the next? You really need to take your head out of the ground and look at reality. Oppression for blacks and other minorities has not been gone for 150 years! Are you serious? When the poverty rate for blacks and whites is equal, when blacks and whites who commit the same crime go to jail at the same rate, when blacks and whites with the same qualifications are paid the same salary at work, when the life expectancy of blacks and whites is equal, when inner city schools produce the same test scores and matriculation rates as suburban schools, then we might be able to talk about the end of oppression.

Please tell me how these white men get "screwed over" for jobs that they are more qualified for than black or Hispanic men? Please provide me with a link stating that to be true. Provide me with a link about Ohio State regulates the racial distribution of classes.

Lastly, and MOST importantly, please tell me how blacks have an advantage over a white person because the boundary for athletic suspension at school is a C. Are you implying that primarily white schools are harder, so therefore what would be a C at a "white school" might be an A at a "black school?" If that were the case, that would prove there is inequality in the schools, and that blacks don't have the "whole world handed to them."

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections