Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 12:13 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
There certainly is a division. Hollywood Jews who are agnostic perhaps are voting Obama however it looks like the leading Orthodox Jewish Democrat politician in your state is endorsing McCain.
Orthodox Jews today tend to be Republican, not Democrat (think Joe Lieberman here). Also, outside of NY, the Orthodox Jewish community is not really a political force (outside of local, municipal-type politics).

However I am a member of a group from Sen. Obama's page titled "Orthodox Jews for Barack Obama"...although many of the members are from the Chicago area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 12:19 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Maybe we should be looking into everything Nobama did while he lived in the middle east, as one poster on another board stated, he didnt go their to live for nothing....... uhmmmmm

Dang, his family background keeps on coming out, and its not good news either, wonder what else will be dug up and taken out of that close full of Obama skeltons?

Cannot wait to see the Obamkins twisting this around.
Where did he live in the Middle East?

Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Jewish voting has been trending Republican for awhile now. Bush picked up 19% in 2000 and 25% in 2004, and McCain might hit around 30%:

Two cohort groups within the Jewish community show particularly significant voting patterns. The growing Orthodox communities in the New York metropolitan area and elsewhere are distinctively Republican, and are contributing to the reshaping of political outcomes in some local and state elections. Correspondingly, Jews raised in households with a non-Jewish parent and who identify nominally with Judaism also tend to vote Republican, according to data extracted from various Jewish surveys.

Jewish Vote in U.S. Elections

The End Of the 'Jewish Vote' (washingtonpost.com)

Future of Orthodox Jewish Vote Has Implications for GOP

Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Do you realize Indonesia is not in the Middle East...I mean, no where close ?
Ohh I am sorry, my mistake, I thought he lived in Syria for a while and attended a muslim school. In fact it was Indonesia where he attended a muslim school for 5 years.

I did not know his mom re married a very radical muslim either. His stepdad introduced Barrack to radical islam which is the same group that is raging jihad against Americans.
He joined the Church of Christ to cover up his muslim upbringing and thoughts. And he did swear into office on the Koran and the bible that many members of the church of christ would have done.

His mother sent him back to the US so he would not be a part of the teachings of Islam, but alittle too late I am afraid.

I now wonder if he gave up his US citizenship when he left America to live and learn Islam?

Didnt know his mom was an atheist either.

Gosh, the things we are learning about this character is amazing.

Cant wait to see what his brother has to say about his muslim childhood. This could get interesting.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:33 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Wow, you really do not research anything at all do you?

Quote:
In fact it was Indonesia where he attended a muslim school for 5 years.
Actually he attended both predominately Christian, and predominately Muslim schools.
snopes.com: Who Is Barack Obama?
Quote:
And he did swear into office on the Koran and the bible that many members of the church of christ would have done.
I don't know if this will be clear enough for you:
http://malalatete.typepad.com/mal_a_la_tete/images/2008/03/14/obama_swearing_in.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-15-2008, 12:37 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,054 times
Keith Ellison swore in on the Quran, not Obama.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:43 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Ohh I am sorry, my mistake, I thought he lived in Syria for a while and attended a muslim school. In fact it was Indonesia where he attended a muslim school for 5 years.

I did not know his mom re married a very radical muslim either. His stepdad introduced Barrack to radical islam which is the same group that is raging jihad against Americans.
He joined the Church of Christ to cover up his muslim upbringing and thoughts. And he did swear into office on the Koran and the bible that many members of the church of christ would have done.

His mother sent him back to the US so he would not be a part of the teachings of Islam, but alittle too late I am afraid.

I now wonder if he gave up his US citizenship when he left America to live and learn Islam?

Didnt know his mom was an atheist either.

Gosh, the things we are learning about this character is amazing.

Cant wait to see what his brother has to say about his muslim childhood. This could get interesting.
LOL... i don't know if i should laugh or cry at such ignorant and uneducated statements?

Old 06-15-2008, 12:58 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Barry has a half sister too? No, he has at least 6 of them and his dad had many more out of wedlock and not counted. They are all muslims.

Mosque attendance: Obama's half-sister recalled that the family attended the mosque "for big communal events." Watson learned from childhood friends that "Obama sometimes went to Friday prayers at the local mosque." Barker found that "Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers." One Indonesia friend, Zulfin Adi, states that Obama "was Muslim. He went to the mosque. I remember him wearing a sarong" (a garment associated with Muslims).

Also found that Obama has almost always considered himself a muslim.

That he called his white grandparents "white folk"

Obama was “listed as a Muslim on the registration form for the Catholic school he attended.”

The Obama files-- Obama exposed

You wont want to miss these two!

Barack Obama's Family (http://www.theobamafile.com/ObamaFamily.htm - broken link)

All you need to know about Barry Hussein.

Barack Obama's Latest News (http://www.theobamafile.com/ObamaLatest.htm - broken link)

His lies exposed, dang this guy lies allot

Barack Obama Lies (http://www.theobamafile.com/ObamaLies.htm - broken link)

Obama exposed even more:

Obama uses tax payers money to fund his personal trip to Africa.

On February 27th 2007, Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth."

Uses his senate power to do things like this.

Obama introduces "Islamic Community Day" bill -- Synopsis of Bill as introduced: Declares November 1, 1997 to be South Shore Islamic Community Center Day.

Obama sponsors Illinois Senate Bill 750 creating the "Halal Food Act," providing for inspections by the Department of Agriculture to ensure that all food labeled Halal is prepared according to Islamic law.

Islamization -- here's how it works and why Halal food plays a role.

2007-Obama gets the endorsement of the new black panther party, yet to say no to them!!

His wife once said at a gathering in Pittsburgh for supporters to go out and find more white people so we can look better.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:21 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Oh really now? Maybe they should look into joining this group then:

http://www.rjchq.org/
Why should they look at that. They are sick of the lies and the people Obama associates him self with and that is the reason...+the hate speeches from the rev. were too much to handle for them + how Obama changes his mind on Israel every time he speaks in public....they are to smart to have Obama kiss up and speaks his hot air b.s.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:32 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why should they look at that. They are sick of the lies and the people Obama associates him self with and that is the reason...+the hate speeches from the rev. were too much to handle for them + how Obama changes his mind on Israel every time he speaks in public....they are to smart to have Obama kiss up and speaks his hot air b.s.
Friends, speeches whatever...tis a day in the life of a politician. The bottom line, however, is that everyone has their own personal political ideologies (which may or may not align perfectly with the two major parties in this country). I would hope that if someone defines themselves as a member of either the Democratic or Republican national parties, they would do so because of the values and governmental approach that those parties take. If not, then just be an independent...and be done with it. McCain in no way shape or form stands as a candidate that will promote the values of the Democratic party. As far as the Hillary supporters he is looking to woe...he is banking on their ignorance of the issues and stark policy differences in order to win their vote.

Nevertheless, there are a slew of Jews that support Obama. (for their fact sheet see http://njdc.typepad.com/obamavsmccain.pdf ). I will attest first hand that Rabbis themselves are not innocent of speaking separatist-themed rhetoric (more so in the Orthodox Jewish community)...so whatever, different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections