U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Obama 36 52.17%
McCain 33 47.83%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:03 AM

3,309 posts, read 3,672,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
I think that people need to re-evaluate what their party is doing if a razor thin margin of 2-3% points as claimed by Nader is what ultimately cost Gore his downfall.

I supported Gore, but I didnt point the finger at Nader as the spoiler candidate.
Wasn't the margin more like .0002% or .0003%?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 AM

2,654 posts, read 3,675,496 times
Candidates Votes Vote % States Won EV
Gore
50,996,116 48 % 21 266
Bush
50,456,169 48 % 30 271
Other
3,874,040 4 % 0 0

The point I am trying to make is that either party...whether democrat or republican...if they are running on THAT thin of a margin that the 4% of the general public that votes to support the candidate that best represents them is what causes the election to be "lost"....they are not doing their job very well.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:08 AM

580 posts, read 1,096,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Well, the democratic party seemed to forget Michigan. Its a wonder why anyone from Michigan is still part of that party after witholding their votes.
Well I'm just about up for the Independent Party, I have no intentions in saying I'm part of the Democratic or Republican Party, I'm leaning towards the Independent Party.
( DNC made many big mistakes )

Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
Well I'm just about up for the Independent Party, I have no intentions in saying I'm part of the Democratic or Republican Party, I'm leaning towards the Independent Party.
( DNC made many big mistakes )
Yes they did. But I am all for any big Democratic blunders, if you get what I mean.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,180 times
Obama For Sure.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,330 times
Default Who I Be Vote For

What's with the "Who You Vote For"- ghetto-speak or typo? I be vote for the candidate the media didn't hand-select...

Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbiro View Post
What's with the "Who You Vote For"- ghetto-speak or typo? I be vote for the candidate the media didn't hand-select...
Who would that be? McCain?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:32 AM

4,403 posts, read 3,677,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Candidates Votes Vote % States Won EV
Gore
50,996,116 48 % 21 266
Bush
50,456,169 48 % 30 271
Other
3,874,040 4 % 0 0

The point I am trying to make is that either party...whether democrat or republican...if they are running on THAT thin of a margin that the 4% of the general public that votes to support the candidate that best represents them is what causes the election to be "lost"....they are not doing their job very well.
I agree completely. If the two parties can't win by a few percentage points, they don't deserve our support. It is the simpletons among us who want us to vote for either/or because they can't think outside of a box.

Wasting my vote? Never! I vote for who I want because I have a brain, not because I'm trying to pick the winning horse! If you simply vote because you think in black/white terms and that only one of the two major parties will win, then YOU are wasting your vote. Regain your consciousness and vote for who you WANT regardless of polls and public opinions. It's that simple. You're letting the guy next to you affect how you vote? All this strategizing benefits those that control our elections (hint: it has two heads).

Old 06-16-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I agree completely. If the two parties can't win by a few percentage points, they don't deserve our support. It is the simpletons among us who want us to vote for either/or because they can't think outside of a box.

Wasting my vote? Never! I vote for who I want because I have a brain, not because I'm trying to pick the winning horse! If you simply vote because you think in black/white terms and that only one of the two major parties will win, then YOU are wasting your vote. Regain your consciousness and vote for who you want. It's that simple. All this strategizing benefits those in control of the election (hint: it has two heads).
Are you kidding me! Last time you guys voted for a third party, Bush wound up winning. and the liberals went wha-wha, even though it was their own stupidity that got them in the mess.

Its almost like saying that you are going to walk to work to protest gas prices. You have to get up 2 hours earlier in the morning, you are dead tired all the time, and what did you get out of it? Nothing but misery. What did the oil companies get out of your protests? Well lets just say I am sure you were more inconvinenced than they were. This is the same thing. Stop these little games, because a third party candidate will not win this election. Maybe in 20 years down the road, but not today. Your vote is a waste and might as well be an empty ballot.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:19 AM

4,403 posts, read 3,677,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Are you kidding me! Last time you guys voted for a third party, Bush wound up winning. and the liberals went wha-wha, even though it was their own stupidity that got them in the mess.

Its almost like saying that you are going to walk to work to protest gas prices. You have to get up 2 hours earlier in the morning, you are dead tired all the time, and what did you get out of it? Nothing but misery. What did the oil companies get out of your protests? Well lets just say I am sure you were more inconvinenced than they were. This is the same thing. Stop these little games, because a third party candidate will not win this election. Maybe in 20 years down the road, but not today. Your vote is a waste and might as well be an empty ballot.
Don't blame me for electing Bush. That's so easy isn't it? To blame someone else because they didn't join the bandwagon. I voted for who I wanted, not for who was going to win. Shouldn't everyone vote for who they want and not for who they don't want? Don't you see the circularity of your logic? "I won't vote third party because it'll mess up the election", but "There won't be a third party for 20 years". One manifests the other. With millions thinking like this, it looks like we'll have a choice between Evil #1 and Evil #2 for decades to come. To second your closing remarks, the ballot might as well be empty because the choice is pure fiction anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections