Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Obama Only Wishes Gas Prices Would Rise More Gradually - Video 6/11/08 | BLOGS FOR JOHN McCAIN

Quote:
Obama said he "would have prefered a gradual adjustment."
Quote:
You may wonder why Obama would say such a thing. Because he is captive to the radical global warming agenda that is sweeping America. The radical environmental crowd sees high gas prices as a good thing because it will force Americans to conserve and force industry to move away from oil toward alternative fuels. For more than 30 years, Democrats have prevented drilling in many areas in the United States and offshore. They have prevented the building of nuclear power plants. They have prevented the building of refineries. Now, we are in the mess we are in with high fuel prices and they are thrilled to death for two reasons: (1) It promotes their radical left-wing environmental agenda, and (2) They will tar and feather the Republicans as responsible even though their radical environmental agenda is largely responsible for bringing us to where we are today.
What a piece of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
Hes for the working American, remember. Working Americans can afford $6 gas. Hes a joke.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:26 PM

585 posts, read 2,223,294 times
Obama's comment is totally taken out of context. No one wants to see $4/gal gas but unfortunately that's what it takes for us to adapt our usage of oil and search for alternative forms of energy. Alternative forms that will hopefully be cleaner, more efficient, and get us further away from our depenence on the mid-east.

That's what he's referring to and there is nothing radical about it. It's called reality.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblebelly View Post
Obama's comment is totally taken out of context. No one wants to see $4/gal gas but unfortunately that's what it takes for us to adapt our usage of oil and search for alternative forms of energy. Alternative forms that will hopefully be cleaner, more efficient, and get us further away from our depenence on the mid-east.

That's what he's referring to and there is nothing radical about it. It's called reality.
Everything he says is out of context, then if he is such an intelligent man then why is everything he says controversial?

No, he drives a gas guzzler himself, his wife does to and he can afford gas no matter what it cost. Fact is he dont care about you or I, and I have yet to see him come up with a plan that will allow us to drill our own oil and get us out of this mess.

Maybe he is on the Saudis payrolland getting donations like he is from all over the world?

I know, he will sit down and talk with our enemies and get us a better deal on gas.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:37 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Obama drives a Chrysler 300.
15 mpg city / 23 mpg hwy

His plan is to make us greener and less dependent on foreign oil.
Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Energy

Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
In case you don't understand, more drilling will not solve our problems.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:41 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Everything he says is out of context, then if he is such an intelligent man then why is everything he says controversial?

No, he drives a gas guzzler himself, his wife does to and he can afford gas no matter what it cost. Fact is he dont care about you or I, and I have yet to see him come up with a plan that will allow us to drill our own oil and get us out of this mess.

Maybe he is on the Saudis payrolland getting donations like he is from all over the world?

I know, he will sit down and talk with our enemies and get us a better deal on gas.
And McCain does care about us. Please all he wants is a war with Iran. he already sang about bombing them. remember all republicans are on the oil company payrolls. Thats is why they want to drill so bad.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
In case you don't understand, more drilling will not solve our problems.
You are right in that it will not solve our long term problems, but it will buy us time to work out other methods while not destroying the economy and essentially forcing more and more people onto the public dole just to be able to eat, heat their homes, and drive to work if they still have a job. This concept of virtually going cold turkey on oil is what is not realistic. Just to think, we are concerned about not being able to cover social security and pensions in the next few decades. If we screw ourselves now on energy then those bills will be the least of our economic woes in the future.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:25 PM

585 posts, read 2,223,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

He's only controversial because he's such a threat to those that oppose him. I have no idea what he drives and I'm sure my car doesn't get any better mileage than his. That's a smallminded argument and you know it.

He doesn't have a plan to drill our own oil because the idea of drilling our own oil is only a temporary bandaid and it won't make a significant impact on prices anyway.

Saudis payroll? Is that what Limbaugh is saying these days?

If you wanna talk about talking to enemies, let's discuss McCain's knowledge of Sunnis and Shiite. That's way scarier than a sit-down.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblebelly View Post
. . . No one wants to see $4/gal gas but unfortunately that's what it takes for us to adapt our usage of oil and search for alternative forms of energy. Alternative forms that will hopefully be cleaner, more efficient, and get us further away from our depenence on the mid-east.

And the reality is that Obama wants to see higher priced gas for just the reasons you stated. . . one of the reasons he hasn't gone for the "gas holiday" stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections