Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:27 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What is the surprise? He as always been a democrat through and through. He supports the troops, not George Bush or the war necessarily.
Tell that to the Dixie Chicks.

Toby Keith is a pro-war, kill-em-all slimeball.

"We'll put a boot in your a**, it's the American way." Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Toby Keith is really more White Trash then Red Neck. But I like some of his songs.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:16 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No it is not an "endorsement" but coming from Toby Keith, it is certainly helpful!

Surprise! Toby Keith Likes Clinton and Obama - Music News, Toby Keith : People.com
Uh-oh...will all the redneck neocons be burning their Toby Keith CD's the way they did with their Dixie Chicks CD's when they dared to use their free speech to voice their disapproval of Dubya?

Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post

I don't think that song was pro-war in that it supports the Iraq war....that song was written as an angry response to 9/11. I can't say I disagree with him there. Going after Al-Qaeda was warranted after we were attacked....but then Bush/Cheney used it as an excuse to invade Iraq....that's the crime.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:35 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
I don't think that song was pro-war in that it supports the Iraq war....that song was written as an angry response to 9/11. I can't say I disagree with him there. Going after Al-Qaeda was warranted after we were attacked....but then Bush/Cheney used it as an excuse to invade Iraq....that's the crime.
Exactly. People tend to confuse going after Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan with invading Iraq. That's right up there with thinking OJ Simpson caused the LA riots.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:13 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post

He has since changed that view. He tends to be all over the place.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:04 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Ohh so you like him... uhmm

Now would he be considered white trailer trash because he is a redneck hillbillie Kev?

So you like them if he likes your king hussien even if they are white trailer trash?
I am not especially fond of him. I think he is as you describe but he actually lives in a pretty nice house in Oklahoma now days. While I am not fond of his politics, I am a big fan of his music and have been to see his concert twice. But there are many artist whom I like that don't agree with politically.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
I would like to point out he was done lots of USO shows overseas for the troops so becareful when you call him a redneck loser. Makes you look like a snob
He is a redneck. Not a loser. Not by a long shot!

Old 06-17-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Uh-oh...will all the redneck neocons be burning their Toby Keith CD's the way they did with their Dixie Chicks CD's when they dared to use their free speech to voice their disapproval of Dubya?
Gawd I hope not. I am a big fan of the Chicks too.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:36 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Toby Keith is really more White Trash then Red Neck. But I like some of his songs.
Neither white trash or red necks live in mansions with great rooms that soar with 40 ft. ceilings like what Toby Keith lives in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections