U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 AM

11,521 posts, read 10,075,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Were can I find info to corroborate your statement that the klan is mostly Republican. I have never heard this before.
You think the klan supports Democrats? Get real. Do your research.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 AM

11,521 posts, read 10,075,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Those are the facts whether you want to accept them or not. The Democrats became interested in black voters when they saw they could exploit them, what have they actually done to help them? Their programs do not promote improving opportunities for minorities but keeping them dependent on the system.
You sound like you're making a statement that is pure conjecture and you're dangerously close to not being taking seriously. 1) What makes you think that black people are so passive and primitive as to be "exploited"? 2) What is this "help" that blacks need? 3) How can programs keep "them dependent on the system"?

Expose your biases and eliminate yourself.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 AM

3,415 posts, read 4,328,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
You think the klan supports Democrats? Get real. Do your research.
Site, please.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 AM

2,938 posts, read 790,661 times
Quote:
I'd like for someone to tell me how blacks and the klan can co-exist in the Republican Party. The spider and the fly cannot make a bargain.

I didn't know the Klan exists in the republican party, although I'm sure many members of the Klan may be republicans....but the democrats have a Klan member in Sen. Robert Byrd.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 AM

55,121 posts, read 26,431,944 times
Quote:
I'd like for someone to tell me how blacks and the klan can co-exist in the Republican Party. The spider and the fly cannot make a bargain.
Robert Byrd that was a member of the KKK (and a Democrat), and Martin Luther King was a Republican, so try again to compare the Republicans to the Klan because it just shows how much of an a.. you are.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:36 AM

2,289 posts, read 3,563,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Robert Byrd that was a member of the KKK (and a Democrat), and Martin Luther King was a Republican, so try again to compare the Republicans to the Klan because it just shows how much of an a.. you are.
Are you talking about today, or 45 years ago?

Forty-five years ago, the Democratic Party was a haven for segregationists and klan types (Byrd included). Dr. King and others were Republicans because Lincoln was a Republican.

But when Americans who believed in human rights and full integration began to have a voice in the Democratic Party, almost all of the segregationists and Dixiecrats were welcomed with open arms into the Republican Party.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:49 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,911,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
It is not a party of racism at all.

If anything, its the democratic party that is racist. 97% of Blacks in the Democratic Party voted for a Black candidate. That is pretty racist.
Do you have a source for this information?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:52 AM

3,415 posts, read 4,328,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Are you talking about today, or 45 years ago?

Forty-five years ago, the Democratic Party was a haven for segregationists and klan types (Byrd included). Dr. King and others were Republicans because Lincoln was a Republican.

But when Americans who believed in human rights and full integration began to have a voice in the Democratic Party, almost all of the segregationists and Dixiecrats were welcomed with open arms into the Republican Party.
I can't find information on the current political makeup of the klan. Possibly because it is a "secret society". Do you have a site to substantiate this? One with current statistics for the political makeup of the KKK. I can't find anything sound.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:29 PM

40,871 posts, read 42,235,999 times
Since blacks don't particpate i the reublican party to any large extent they are nopt really a priority voice among those that do. Hispanics have a much larger voice. Many blcks consolidate their votes to get the most political power. Thats politics really.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:34 PM

40,871 posts, read 42,235,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
And 90% voted for a White candidate in 2004. That is obviously not racist.
But they didn't really have a choice in 2004. Do you really believe that Obama's race meant nothing in the pre centaage of votes he got amoung blacks against Hillary clinton? The clintons were no republican candidate itiher and very popular before the election with blacks. Then they were called trash hillbillies. Get a gripe on reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections