Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:33 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times

Advertisements

About an hour ago, I watched a clip on CNN -- it was an Obama rally in Michigan and when they mentioned Hillary, there were a lot of boos. The animosity continues and a sizable number of Hillary supporters will NOT vote for Obama in November. CNN is saying that Obama's hiring of fired Clinton campaign manager Solis is being construed as a slap at Hillary, too.

Why else WOULD he hire her? She did a terrible job on Hillary's campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 03:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
ABC News: Obama Struggles to Win Over Key Groups

How in the world can the Dems/Libs muck up their assured victory so badly?

Do the Republicans pay you by the hour or by the post?

Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
great opportunity for speculation. we will know in november.
as a candidate he has not made any mistakes so far. as to speculation
i will restrain myself.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Last poll I saw had Obama well ahead of McCain in pretty much every female category except White Females, for whatever reason. Although McCain hasn't done much to appeal to that vote he continues to win it for some perplexing reason.

As for the experience thing. I don't think Obama is Kennedy. He's Obama. But they used to make the same arguments about Kennedy.

Third, I have a hard time seeing McCain's numbers fluctuating that much, besides maybe decreasing. He's not the type that's gonna make people get out and vote. He's boring and running a boring campaign, a deadly combo if there ever was one.

This is Obama's election to lose.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:45 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The victory that most pundits, analysts, and dems/libs assumed would be easy pickins because of(dem/lin mantra to follow).....a very unpopular president, a very unpopular war, a very shakey economy, various scandals....etc,etc,etc.
And don't forget the "historians" who also predict Obama's win. I get a kick out of all the predictions. No one has any idea of what will happen. They simply can't believe that this year, of all years, the Republicans just may win despite the fact that the majority of Americans are unhappy with Bush.

Fact is, Americans are unhappy with government. They're unhappy with the Senate. They're unhappy with Congress. Bush is just one teeny tiny part of the general malaise of the American people.

The good news is that people are paying attention. So both parties better start paying attention, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
............. It would be a wise thing to promote John McCain's policies instead......oops wait a minute, John McCain's policies are pretty much the failed policies of GWB. No wonder you cling to this "no bounce and troubling" mantra.
Oh dear, oh dear. There it is again. McCain is Bush, Bush is McCain, four more years. Do you guys never tire of this mantra?

Here's the reality. If this is your only argument (that and the silly one about how old McCain is) for why Barack should be President, then I think it's time for the Dems to kiss another 4 years good-bye.

Hillary will be pleased ... means she can run again in 2012.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:48 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
And don't forget the "historians" who also predict Obama's win. I get a kick out of all the predictions. No one has any idea of what will happen. They simply can't believe that this year, of all years, the Republicans just may win despite the fact that the majority of Americans are unhappy with Bush.

Fact is, Americans are unhappy with government. They're unhappy with the Senate. They're unhappy with Congress. Bush is just one teeny tiny part of the general malaise of the American people.

The good news is that people are paying attention. So both parties better start paying attention, too.

Oh dear, oh dear. There it is again. McCain is Bush, Bush is McCain, four more years. Do you guys never tire of this mantra?

Here's the reality. If this is your only argument (that and the silly one about how old McCain is) for why Barack should be President, then I think it's time for the Dems to kiss another 4 years good-bye.

Yeah but what exactly are the Repubs running on. A new exciting platform? No. A charismatic leader? No. I don't see it. What are they running on? It's gonna be awfully hard getting the 4 more years monkey off their back.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Folks is Geogre Stephanopoulis truly objective and independent. Might he want Obama to put Hillary on the ticket? Is there any background there? I have no opinion I only offer the following for your background information on the topic:
George Stephanopoulos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton administration
Stephanopoulos was, along with David Wilhelm and James Carville, a leading member of the 1992 Clinton campaign. His role on the campaign is portrayed in the documentary film The War Room.[3] At the outset of Clinton's presidency, Stephanopoulos served as the de facto press secretary, briefing the press even though Dee Dee Myers was officially the White House Press Secretary. Later, he was moved to Senior Advisor on Policy and Strategy, when Dee Dee Myers began personally conducting the briefings and David Gergen was brought in as the new White House Communications Director. The move was largely viewed as a rebuke to Stephanopoulos' handling of public relations during the first six months of the Clinton Administration.

Stephanopoulos resigned from the Clinton administration shortly after Clinton was re-elected in 1996.[4]

On February 25, 1994 George Stephanopoulos and Harold Ickes had a conference call with Roger Altman to discuss RTC's choice of Republican lawyer Jay Stephens to head the Madison Guaranty investigation, that later turned in to the Whitewater investigation. [5]

Old 06-17-2008, 03:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
You mean you weren't aware that George worked for Bubba?

He does want Hill&Bill on the ticket, I believe.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

I still haven't seen any positive posts about what a great president McCain will make....seems his only claim is that he was captured and tortured ..that makes a good president ?????

And the neocons are so desperate they're still whining about a middle name....

And the mantra of "McBush" WILL help the Democrats especially since so many people want change from the disaster of the last 8 years.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Why else WOULD he hire her? She did a terrible job on Hillary's campaign.
Why, by gum, you must be right! The only qualification in hiring an important position like campaign manager is: how much can hiring this employee tick off someone who isn't running anymore. Hey, who cares about competency--this is only the most important race of his life, so insulting Hillary is obviously Barack's top priority.

And so what if she charges top dollar--she's worth it if Hillary's mad. Because despite everything Barack has to think about, everything is always about Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections