Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:55 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
When 97% of a race is part of one party, they are in a pack. I am sorry, but its true.

Need I remind you of the number of REPUBLICAN BLACKS in Bush's administration?

Are you calling Condi Rice and Colin Powell Strays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 08:02 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Are you calling Condi Rice and Colin Powell Strays?
No, I am proving the post wrong that there arent Republicans who are black in the political world because Republicans are racist.

But since your a democrat, you probably like to skew things, so you go on thinking that ok

Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
No, I am proving the post wrong that there arent Republicans who are black in the political world because Republicans are racist.

But since your a democrat, you probably like to skew things, so you go on thinking that ok
My apologies. (No I am not a Democrat either. ) Voted for Bush once. Not twice though.

I thought you called Black Americans "a Pack" because they have tended to vote Democratic.

Some might consider that a demeaning thing to say. Even "borderline" racist.

But perhaps not.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Though he's always running for something, he currently doesn't hold an office. Again there is not even 1 black Republican governor, senator or House member.

How many Korean or Native American or Middle Eastern governors are their?

By you assertion then both parties are racist.

Try again.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:28 PM

I think he was referring to the fact that there are 3 minority governors and dozens of minority congressmen who are Democrat. While there are zero to my knowledge who are Republican.

Wonder why that is?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I think he was referring to the fact that there are 3 minority governors and dozens of minority congressmen who are Democrat. While there are zero to my knowledge who are Republican.

Wonder why that is?
Well if you look the registering rolls you will the see the percentage of black on the Republicans and see why.

Here are some interesting numbers in Texas. SO what party is racist against Hispanics?

Quote:
Since Republicans became the statewide majority in 1994, 8 minority Texans have held statewide office; yet in the 122 years that Democrats controlled the State (1872-1994), only 4 minority Texans held statewide office.
It took Democrats 114 years to elect a single Hispanic to statewide office. The Democrat establishment later tried to defeat him because he was too conservative.
Under Republican leadership, 5 Republican Hispanics have held statewide office. Currently, Victor Carrillo serves as a commisioner of Texas’ powerful Railroad Commission, and Justice David Medina serves on the Texas Supreme Court. Others who have moved into even higher positions include Al Gonzales, appointed by President George W. Bush as U.S. Attorney General and Tony Garza now serving as Ambassador to Mexico.
When the Republicans became the majority in the Texas Legislature in 1869, they established a system of free public schools to educate all the children of the state something Democrats had refused to do.
In 1998, Republican Governor George W. Bush created the Office of Border Initiatives, which facilitates trade and investment opportunities for Texas communities and companies along the border.
In 1999, Republican Lt. Governor Rick Perry established the first ever standing Committee on Border Affairs to address needs along the Texas Mexico border.
In 2001, Anglo Democrat men comprised only 20% of all Texas House members, but were named to 36% of all chairmanships by the Anglo Democrat Speaker. Hispanics were shortchanged because their support was taken for granted by the Democrat elite.
In 2003 however, Hispanics received approximately a 5% increase in chairmanships by the Republican Speaker of the House.
As of October 2004, Governor Perry has appointed over 300 Hispanics to different state commissions.
Under the administration of Republican Governor Rick Perry, state agencies have invested more resources in the 32-county border region than under Democrat leaders at any time in history.
Republican Party of Texas: Hispanics in Texas Politics (http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=library_hispanics - broken link)

Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
How many Korean or Native American or Middle Eastern governors are their?

By you assertion then both parties are racist.

Try again.
blacks are the second largest minority.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
blacks are the second largest minority.
Yep I don't see Hispanics (who have lee than blacks in office) cry about racist republicans.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Well if you look the registering rolls you will the see the percentage of black on the Republicans and see why.

Here are some interesting numbers in Texas. SO what party is racist against Hispanics?

Republican Party of Texas: Hispanics in Texas Politics (http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=library_hispanics - broken link)
Wow. The Republicans must be doing an awful job of promoting all of this good news to the Hispanics. Because they are voting Democrat now 3-1 nationwide. After being about 50-50 in 2000. Isn't that weird.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 PM

Your numbers are not even correct.

Look at this it might set you on the right track. Hispanic vote for Bush in 2004 was the highest it has ever been for a republican.

http://faculty.washington.edu/mbarre...s/2004vote.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections