U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-20-2008, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,153 posts, read 10,088,669 times
Reputation: 6339
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He is the one who has claimed he is different than any other politician. Our expectations are high based on his flowery rhetoric. Of course, now that the true Obama is coming out it is quite amusing to see the excuses from his supporters.

MOST of us have known all along that he is full of BS. We've been trying to tell you Obamatons that for a while.
1st - I would appreciate it if you could possibly refrain from calling me an Obamaton.

2nd - I heard him when he said it and he's not the first politician who claimed he was going to be to "different" from all the other politicians. I heard it, I acknowledged it, but did I believe it? No. He said it because thats what people wanted to hear.

Does that mean I wasn't going to vote for him? No. Because I still feel that his proposals are more in line with my personal beliefs and needs.

Like many things in life, I take what he says with a grain of salt. Common sense tells me while I may take the time to research things I don't understand or want more information about there are many people who are voting solely based on what they see on tv and what they overhear at the water cooler. I know that most of that "we are the world" stuff he is preaching is designed for those people because those are the ones who will take everything he says and run with it all the way to the voting booths.

3rd - I'm glad that you're amused by the excuses coming from his supporters but if you are unable to conversate without name calling and insults than I would kindly ask that you ignore my posts.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2008, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,214 posts, read 23,251,854 times
Reputation: 6981
Quote:
2nd - I heard him when he said it and he's not the first politician who claimed he was going to be to "different" from all the other politicians. I heard it, I acknowledged it, but did I believe it? No. He said it because thats what people wanted to hear.

Does that mean I wasn't going to vote for him? No. Because I still feel that his proposals are more in line with my personal beliefs and needs.
So you actually admit he was full of BS from the get-go? That he just latched on to this mantra of changehopechange as a result of the mood of the country? That there is really NO evidence he is anything other than a partisan hack?

Quote:
3rd - I'm glad that you're amused by the excuses coming from his supporters but if you are unable to conversate without name calling and insults than I would kindly ask that you ignore my posts.
Sorry, you'll have to ignore MY posts if you don't want me to respond to you. That's the way that works.

Quote:
1st - I would appreciate it if you could possibly refrain from calling me an Obamaton.
See response from #2 as to the reason why.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,153 posts, read 10,088,669 times
Reputation: 6339
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So you actually admit he was full of BS from the get-go? That he just latched on to this mantra of changehopechange as a result of the mood of the country? That there is really NO evidence he is anything other than a partisan hack?.
Nope, I'm admitting that just like every other politican who's ran for president he wants to get elected; he's built a platform based on "being different" but at the end of the day he is still a politician.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, you'll have to ignore MY posts if you don't want me to respond to you. That's the way that works.
Actually, I wasn't responding to your post, I was responding to another but you quoted mine, which I took to mean you were speaking directly to me.

But I learned long ago that arguing with a child (or a person who resorts to childlike behavior) will only make me look childish. So consider yourself ignored. Nothing personal, just tired of trying to shuffle through the obamatons, obamabots, obamakins and other random insults to find your point.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 09:11 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 2,222,560 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No more photos with Muslims period. So quit trying to send Muslims to take a picture with Obama. And don't send any transvestites either.
The great unifier
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 09:12 AM
 
543 posts, read 618,908 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So you actually admit he was full of BS from the get-go? That he just latched on to this mantra of changehopechange as a result of the mood of the country? That there is really NO evidence he is anything other than a partisan hack?



Sorry, you'll have to ignore MY posts if you don't want me to respond to you. That's the way that works.



See response from #2 as to the reason why.
yeah this might have looked semi-intelligent had you posted them in order.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,214 posts, read 23,251,854 times
Reputation: 6981
Quote:
But I learned long ago that arguing with a child
The old "do as I say, not as I do" argument.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,214 posts, read 23,251,854 times
Reputation: 6981
Quote:
yeah this might have looked semi-intelligent had you posted them in order.
It was intentional and anyone with some common sense would have gotten it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 AM
 
145 posts, read 316,468 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It was intentional and anyone with some common sense would have gotten it.
But common sense didn't tell you not to respond to someone who stated they're ignoring you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The old "do as I say, not as I do" argument.
Yeah this doesn't even make any sense. I guess it's another one of those common sense things

I really don't get why you post on this forum. She posted a legit comment and all you could come back with is "I told you Obamakins he was full of BS" what kind of argument is that? How did that even add to the conversation? I'm starting to think that most of the people who post on this are just unahppy with their lives. No one can really be that passionate about something they have very little control over that they spend all day scouring the internet to find negative - and fictional - information to post on an online forum. If you're that dedicated to making sure Obama doesn't get elected why aren't you out in your community promotiing the candiate of your choice?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,214 posts, read 23,251,854 times
Reputation: 6981
Quote:
But common sense didn't tell you not to respond to someone who stated they're ignoring you?
People who are frustrated have a habit of "claiming" they will ignore. I find that not always to be the case and usually just hyperbole on their part. I don't like to be rude, so if someone addresses me personally, I like to respond.

Quote:
Yeah this doesn't even make any sense. I guess it's another one of those common sense things
Context and comprehension are your friends. She didn't like me indirectly calling her Obamaton - but then calls me a child. Do as I say.....

Quote:
I really don't get why you post on this forum. She posted a legit comment and all you could come back with is "I told you Obamakins he was full of BS" what kind of argument is that? How did that even add to the conversation?
Really - go back and re-read the posts. If you're able you will see where it came into the conversation. If not, I can't help you. Fortunately, you don't get to decide where I post. Why don't you go pick out some of your comrade's post that are over the top and ridiculous - it might enhance your credibility.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2008, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,153 posts, read 10,088,669 times
Reputation: 6339
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTheSunshine View Post
But common sense didn't tell you not to respond to someone who stated they're ignoring you?



Yeah this doesn't even make any sense. I guess it's another one of those common sense things

I really don't get why you post on this forum. She posted a legit comment and all you could come back with is "I told you Obamakins he was full of BS" what kind of argument is that? How did that even add to the conversation? I'm starting to think that most of the people who post on this are just unahppy with their lives. No one can really be that passionate about something they have very little control over that they spend all day scouring the internet to find negative - and fictional - information to post on an online forum. If you're that dedicated to making sure Obama doesn't get elected why aren't you out in your community promotiing the candiate of your choice?
I don't need you to defend me, I'm not bothered by her comments. I'm not angry, I simply feel that if she has to call me an Obamakin and insult me, then there's no reason for us to talk - even in an online forum.

That being said - back to the OP: I was reading this article Muslim women shunned at Obama event - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Quote:
The presidential campaigns go to great lengths to carefully plan the backdrops for events, so the right images of supporters get beamed on television. When it goes badly -- think John McCain's speech on June 3 in Louisiana with ugly green banners -- critics pounce. Now, Barack Obama, whose campaign is based partly on inclusiveness, is being accused of not including two Muslim women wearing headscarves at his rally Monday night.

The Associated Press spoke to one of them, who says campaign volunteers refused them seats directly behind Obama -- and in front of TV cameras -- because they wear head scarfs.
And I couldn't help but wonder, who are these volunteers? Are they people of importance or just Obama supporters? Did they even have the authority to make these type of decisions? Was that even their responsibilty? When my cousin volunteered here in Lake Mary all she did was pass out posters as people walked in.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top