Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2008, 01:46 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,893,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
You liberals are to over sensitive
Not oversensitive liberals but American's sensitive and respectful of people regardless of gender or......

Especially their own wives.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,603,224 times
How goofy for this stupid thread that means nothing getting all these hits and keeps getting bumped to the top.
There is nothing worse then someone being hateful to their spouse, woman or man.
But for the liberals on this board to bump this up like it is meaningful is hilarious.
I see many parents at school, since I have been head room mother for both my kids each year I see a lot more then most when it comes to spouse attacks. I hear it from the kids, I hear it from the teachers and I hear it from the moms and or dad.
I can tell you this is nothing, nothing at all.
You should focus and build a thread that no matter liberal or conservative you need to be a parent first, I see kids faces, I talk to kids who dont get hugs or have decent clothes on but the mommies come in wearing 200 outfits and the kids has a t shirt on. I see the dads driving 50k trucks and the kid need a pair of shoes.
What people dont know is that we have millions of fatherless homes and if your going to be man enough to have babies you should be man enough to stay the heck home and be a dad. These kids are almost always at the bottom of the rung in grades, attendance and every category all because the mom or dad are not being parents to the kids they had.

So yes, abuse is sad, but you know what, look at McCains kids, very accomplished kids who are doing well, reason mommy and daddy were mommy and daddy, that is YOUR DAMN JOB!
Sure there has never been one perfect marriage I have ever know of when someone doesnt say something stupid, and you people make this out like it is the worse thing in the world.

Look at your kids and look at the McCain kids, lets see who is getting abused. Do you know where your kids are, what they are doing?

You cannot judge the McCain untruths unless you are in there footsteps and know that it was acutally said and why it was said.

I know many here love to see this continue on to make McCain look like a terrible hubby, but heck many dont even know where your hubby is let alone talk about something out of context that only the McCains really know what was meant by it even if it was said.

Be a spouse, be a parent, do good things for and with your kids, then you can earn the right to judge someone elses marriage and words spoken. Until then you have no idea.

Sorry to say this but I see it at school, people (parents ) complaining about other kids when their kid is one of the worse ones in the class.

What will Obama and or McCain do to get daddys home with the kids they made? Do we have to start arresting fathers to do their job? Look around folks, kids are the ones who are suffering for lack of decent parents and split homes are notorious for having kids with problems.

What happened to the liberals big talk when Clinton was committing adultery and said " That is personal, its none of our business what they do behind close doors" but now its the liberals who have changed their minds and attacking McCain when they dont even know if it was said and what it meant.

Last edited by Sunshine Chick; 07-04-2008 at 03:13 PM..

Old 07-04-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
How goofy for this stupid thread that means nothing getting all thses hits and keeps getting bumped to the top.
There is nothing worse then someone being hateful to their spouse, woman or man.
But for the liberals on this board to bump this up like it is meaningful is hilarious.
I see many parents at school, since I have been head room mother for both my kids each year I see a lot more then most when it comes to spouse attacks. I hear it from the kids, I hear it from the teachers and I hear it from the moms and or dad.
I can tell you this is nothing, nothing at all.
You should focus and build a thread that no matter liberal or conservative you need to be a parent first, I see kids faces, I talk to kids who dont get hugs or have decent clothes on but the mommies come in wearing 200 outfits and the kids has a t shirt on. I see the dads driving 50k trucks and the kid need a pair of shoes.
What people dont know is that we have millions of fatherless homes and if your going to be man enough to have babies you should be man enough to stay the heck home and be a dad. These kids are almost always at the bottom of the rung in grades, attendance and every category all because the mom or dad are not being parents to the kids they had.

So yes, abuse is sad, but you know what, look at McCains kids, very accomplished kids who are doing well, reason mommy and daddy were mommy and daddy, that is YOUR DAMN JOB!
Sure there has never been one perfect marriage I have ever know of when someone doesnt say something stupid, and you people make this out like it is the worse thing in the world.

Look at your kids and look at the McCain kids, lets see who is getting abused. Do you know where your kids are, what they are doing?

You cannot judge the McCain untruths unless you are in there footsteps and know that it was acutally said and why it was said.

I know many here love to see this continue on to make McCain look like a terrible hubby, but heck many of you (not all know ) dont even know where your hubby is let alone talk about something out of context that only the McCains really know what was meant by it even if it was said.

Be a spouse, be a parent, do good things for and with your kids, then you can earn the right to judge someone elses marriage and words spoken. Until then you have no idea.

Sorry to say this but I see it at school, people (parents ) complaining about other kids when their kid is one of the worse ones in the class.

What will Obama and or McCain do to get daddys home with the kids they made? Do we have to start arresting fathers to do their job? Look around folks, kids are the ones who are suffering for lack of decent parents and split homes are notorious for having kids with problems.

What happened to the liberals big talk when Clinton was committing adultery and said " That is personal, its none of our business what they do behind close doors" but now its the liberals who have changed their minds and attacking McCain when they dont even know if it was said and what it meant.
And there you go another hit and another bump up.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:03 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,050,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
President Clinton. He is held in high esteem by almost all Democrats.

Actually, no.
By "politicos", apparently he is -- those folks who choose to do politics every day for an income. But by non-politico citizens? No.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:14 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,603,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And there you go another hit and another bump up.
Thanks for keeping my thoughts at the top T.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:15 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,050,517 times
Quote:
There is no one here on this board who can decide who is right and who is wrong.
Actually, don't you think it is the personal joy and privilege -- and civic responsibility, according to the way our government is structured -- of every grownup to choose what pleases them and what does not please them?

So, everyone here on this forum can, should, and does decide what pleases them and what does not please them -- if they didn't they wouldn't be living, eh?

This is actually the fundamental operating system of all life, every day, every moment -- observing, evaluating, choosing what one agrees with and discarding what one does not agree with. And we are, all of us, doing it every waking moment of our lives... if you step back and examine life, you can see that it's what life IS, y'know?...

Old 07-04-2008, 03:16 PM

Your thoughts will always be at the top. You are a favorite poster on here and I hope no one takes any of us to serious.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:53 PM

956 posts, read 1,230,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Actually, don't you think it is the personal joy and privilege -- and civic responsibility, according to the way our government is structured -- of every grownup to choose what pleases them and what does not please them?

So, everyone here on this forum can, should, and does decide what pleases them and what does not please them -- if they didn't they wouldn't be living, eh?

This is actually the fundamental operating system of all life, every day, every moment -- observing, evaluating, choosing what one agrees with and discarding what one does not agree with. And we are, all of us, doing it every waking moment of our lives... if you step back and examine life, you can see that it's what life IS, y'know?...
Yes I do.

And except for using a few different words, I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I said.

The fact is that there are few on this forum who's minds will be changed by anything that is said here. There are a few who may still be unsure of who they support, may come read here and may possibly read something that will sway them one way or another.

But for the most part, everyone here has "observed, evaluated and chosen" already and we are simply here to share that view and hope that maybe, just maybe, someone else thinks the same way we do or we can possibly convince them to change their minds.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Yes I do.

And except for using a few different words, I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I said.

The fact is that there are few on this forum who's minds will be changed by anything that is said here. There are a few who may still be unsure of who they support, may come read here and may possibly read something that will sway them one way or another.

But for the most part, everyone here has "observed, evaluated and chosen" already and we are simply here to share that view and hope that maybe, just maybe, someone else thinks the same way we do or we can possibly convince them to change their minds.
Well said and true

Old 07-04-2008, 06:11 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,985,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
who is "you all?" I could care less about what obama or clinton has done. there is no "you all." I am an individual. something a liberal can't grasp. I wouldn't vote for mccain no matter what. I just don't really care what he calls his wife.
When you say "a liberal can't grasp" something rather than "some liberals can't grasp" or even "most liberals can't grasp" something you yourself do, in fact, use the "you all" style of thought process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections