Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Uh Oh! A Realtor whos bubble has been popped. Did you blame Bush for that?
Oh NOES! Charlotte hasn't experienced a housing crash and in fact, is seeing gains in housing prices.

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf...ase_022603.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 11:19 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Oh NOES! Charlotte hasn't experienced a housing crash and in fact, is seeing gains in housing prices.

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf...ase_022603.pdf

The poster clearly seeks discussions based upon emotion, as a review of prior posts show hit & run responses to comments, rather than discussion backed by factual information and insightful discourse.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 AM

717 posts, read 773,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Thank you for your response. Please answer the question.
The State of the Union is this:
1) The War in Iraq. I look forward. The terrible mistakes made by Cheney and Rumsfeld cost many American lives. I am forever grateful to those soldiers who sacrificed for us. The Iraqi Government is improving. It has to get to a point where we can begin with drawl and put this mess behind us. We can then focus on other Threats America faces.

2)The economy. The economy runs in cycles and certain factors exacerbate the cycles. The first factor is the American people and their outrageous spending habits. When things are going great Americans spend and spend and spend. They run up debt and then can no longer handle paying off this debt. We then see downturns in economic activity. The downturn we are experiencing now is related to a couple of issues
The real estate market CORRECTION. and I emphasize correction because the real estate market spiked when speculators drove the market completely out of whack nd Mortgage companies handed out mortgages like they were going out of style. People who had no business buying property were leveraging their savings and retirement accounts so they could buy a house they could not afford.
Of course oil prices are like a giant anchor on our economy. Again I believe speculation is driving the price to absurd levels right now. I hope I am right and oil will return to the 80-100 / barrel level sometime soon.

The State of our Union is still strong. The United States is experiencing a rough road right now but we will get through it regardless of who is in the White House. Because we enjoy freedom to express our discontent by voting. Because we have an economic system that has fended off downturns thousands of times worse then this terrible recession we are in now. That is my optimistic view on the State of the Union.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
The poster clearly seeks discussions based upon emotion, as a review of prior posts show hit & run responses to comments, rather than discussion backed by factual information and insightful discourse.
Its ok to be angry. Just learn how to read for comprehension.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Ha thats really the pot calling the kettle black. Your posts seem to be just opinions with no information to back them up. again its ok to be angry. sorry your bubble burst.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Ha thats really the pot calling the kettle black. Your posts seem to be just opinions with no information to back them up. again its ok to be angry. sorry your bubble burst.
Thanks for the apology.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Its ok to be angry. Just learn how to read for comprehension.
I read fine. Thank you. I'm rarely angry. I comprehend fine as well. There was nothing ambiguous about your little attack. Nice assessment of the SotU. Perhaps in the future, focus upon the question, at the time it is posted, will prevent useless posts that detract from the conversation at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections