U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,207,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
nice - republicrat. Thats exactly what he is.
The areas like Alexandria in Va. tend to go blue. The yuppie areas right around DC.
Fairfax seems to be suburban republican territory. Its a difficult area to judge because of all the Government employees as well.

Fairfax County USED to be suburban republican. It's now solid Democrat territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM

3,492 posts, read 5,667,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
we haven't had it for the last 75 years, so it's time for a change back. george bush is a republicrat, that's just something you have a hard time dealing with you little chageicrat!
go back? you mean continue more corruption, high gas prices, fight more wars and so on? The oil families have run this country long enough. Its time to give the reigns back to the people.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM

8,575 posts, read 1,889,671 times
so why the hell are you an obama supporter? that is the last thing he intends to do. go back, high gas prices, fight more wars? what in the world are you talking about? I am talking about taking government out of almost everything. I am talking about going way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
go back? you mean continue more corruption, high gas prices, fight more wars and so on? The oil families have run this country long enough. Its time to give the reigns back to the people.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM

3,492 posts, read 5,667,469 times
Quote:
so why the hell are you an obama supporter? that is the last thing he intends to do. go back, high gas prices, fight more wars? what in the world are you talking about? I am talking about taking government out of almost everything. I am talking about going way back.
The government got larger under the Bush administration. Bush and the republicans have gone on a spending frenzy. The republican party are the new liberals. Obama will have no oil lobbiest in his white house. The budget was balanced and we had a surplus under Bill Clinton. Now its sqaundered away by dumb W and we are in so much debt today.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM

no, obama country is in chicago. why in the world would asians and middle easterns vote for a democrat? they come here for the free market, and neither party offers that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Don't know a single Democrat in NOVA? LMAO! Are you serious? This area is VERY liberal. This is Obama country.

And the immigrants i'm referring to are Asians and mideastern.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:42 PM

well, all your credibility just shot like a cannon out the window. I can tell how solidly democrat fairfax county is every time I go visit my parents and see ron paul signs everywhere. when I see an obama sign, I will let you know.

Quote:
Fairfax County USED to be suburban republican. It's now solid Democrat territory.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:43 PM

you know I am a libertarian. I freaking hate bush. the spending has got to stop on all levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The government got larger under the Bush administration. Bush and the republicans have gone on a spending frenzy. The republican party are the new liberals. Obama will have no oil lobbiest in his white house. We had a surplus under Bill Clinton. Now its sqaundered away by dumb W.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:43 PM

717 posts, read 109,912 times
Quote:
What demographic change took place? I know its the home of Exxonmobil and would figure that would add a bunch of red.

I grew up in Morris County NJ which is 30 mi west of NYC. That is heavily Republican. I thought fairfax was similar.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 PM

1,775 posts, read 1,741,059 times
Quote:
VA has not voted for a democrat since lyndon johnson vs. barry goldwater. look where that got us! NOVA isn't growing as fast as you think, and the immigrants are all going home because the housing industry there is horrible. there aren't as many yuppies as there used to be there! oh and PS, wealthy people don't really tend to vote blue. I don't know a single democrat in NOVA. to me, the area tends to be more libertarian minded.

Dude, if i were you i wouldn't attempt to open my mouth unless i lived here.....you seem to be confusing Prince William County with Fairfax & Loudoun county.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,207,176 times
Quote:
no, obama country is in chicago. why in the world would asians and middle easterns vote for a democrat? they come here for the free market, and neither party offers that anymore.

Asians--with the exception of Philipino Americans--have always voted Democrat, and in NOVA they tend to be secular, professional, college-educated, and VERY liberal.

I guarantee Obama will win Northern Virginia in a landslide by a larger margin than even Kerry won in 2004. I'm talking about Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax Counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections