U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:35 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,095,059 times

Advertisements

it's been a tough election cycle for us. we are now faced with the exact same candidate. paul has lost, and barr has little chance. I think that we should view this as a positive springboard. I think that the warmongering ways of the democrats and republicans are coming to an end. while we may be a third party, we are growing quickly. this is a call out to all libertarians to unite and start grassroots movements. let them know how we feel! we may have failed this election cycle, but every little bit helps. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 11:39 PM

9,043 posts, read 11,331,598 times
Americans don't want freedom from government. They're busy being pansies over the Islamic boogeyman or they want big daddy gubmint to take care of their fiscal needs from cradle to grave.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 PM

5,396 posts, read 6,920,373 times
I think libertarianism is kind of the philosophy du jour for many and they think it is kind of sexy to say I am a Libertarian!

No clue how they would actually survive without government services they count on every day, though.

They think going back a few hundred years is "Progress".

Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,063,264 times
Libertarians generally vote Democratic in major elections [just like Greens

Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 PM

not really, there aren't too many of us. no libertarian disagrees with all government services. the majority of us want services that benefit the community, and not the individual. you obviously have no clue about government waste. libertarians are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. do the research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I think libertarianism is kind of the philosophy du jour for many and they think it is kind of sexy to say I am a Libertarian!

No clue how they would actually survive without government services they count on every day, though.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:50 PM

that's because we have no good candidate, but they are coming. the warmongering days of the left and right will be over soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post

Old 06-26-2008, 12:05 AM

5,031 posts, read 11,063,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

Sadly but this is true. The libertarian position just isn't possible anymore in America. We are too crowded & have too many problems to afford isolationism/"every man for himself" attitudes

Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 AM

lmao! fear is controlling you. nice try.

Quote:
Sadly but this is true. The libertarian position just isn't possible anymore in America. We are too crowded & have too many problems to afford isolationism/"every man for himself" attitudes

Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 AM

2,015 posts, read 4,902,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
not really, there aren't too many of us. no libertarian disagrees with all government services. the majority of us want services that benefit the community, and not the individual. you obviously have no clue about government waste. libertarians are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. do the research.
Sounds like all the Rocky states of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado (minus Utah), right-leaning libertarian states in presidential elections, bipartisan in local government, works for us, lower crime, less regulation, less taxes, Thomas Jefferson would be proud.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 AM

3,348 posts, read 5,816,721 times
Quote:
Actually, when I can't or won't go with the libertarian option, I tend to vote Republican more than Democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or