Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Only a racist would think """Obama is just John Kerry with a tan."..is not racist.
When were you commisioned race officer? Dude, he compared him to John Kerry, and basically said they don't look the same.

It will come down to anyone not duped by this sheister is a racist. Well, paint me white and call me a Klansman. This guy has got to go.

Last edited by jufrbo; 06-27-2008 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 10:06 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
When were you commisioned race officer? Dude, he compared him to John Kerry, and basically said they don't look the same.

To me racism is dragging some one down the street and hanging them in a tree, not a harmless comment on someone being undeniably darker than another.

It will come down to anyone not duped by this sheister is a racist. Well, paint me white and call me a Klansman. This guy has got to go.

""""call me a Klansman"""

No problem.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
It's not. It would be racist if he said Obama is just like John Kerry, except with a tan so we shouldn't vote for him! But he is saying Obama is just as naive, stupid, and bad for this country. The only thing separating the two is skin color. Not racist whatsoever.

"""The only thing separating the two is skin color."""

Not racist?????........why are they the last to know....

Old 06-27-2008, 10:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
"""The only thing separating the two is skin color."""

Not racist?????........why are they the last to know....
Nope still not racism, its a fact and unless anyone is using the skin color as rationality as not to vote for him.. its not racism...

Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 PM

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Nope still not racism, its a fact and unless anyone is using the skin color as rationality as not to vote for him.. its not racism...
What exactly is the point of mentioning it since it's obvious and everyone knows it. It is a racist statement.

He could've said that Obama is just another Kerry...that wouldn't have been racist...but he didn't.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

You can be racist withouot discriminating. However,:

""" the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life"""

shows what he said WAS racial discrimination.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:30 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,714 times
Quote:
What exactly is the point of mentioning it since it's obvious and everyone knows it. It is a racist statement.

He could've said that Obama is just another Kerry...that wouldn't have been racist...but he didn't.
As far as I know a tan is a good thing in this country, Kerry a bad thing so, it means Obama is similar to Kerry in policy but a lil better on the complexion side.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Not sure what the point is of mentioning that its not racism because its obvious that you lack the ability to comprehension real rasicm, and what you want it to be.

Everytime you make something rasicm that isnt, you minimize what real rasism is. Long as you dont care, I guess this mean mean Republican shouldnt care either..

Old 06-27-2008, 10:42 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,060,696 times
Quote:
You can be racist withouot discriminating. However,:

""" the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life"""

shows what he said WAS racial discrimination.
Hmmm....I took the comment to mean that REGARDLESS of race, Kerry and Obama are both just as liberal.

Are we seriously not supposed to notice that Obama is black or are we just not to mention it?

And you need to get out a dictionary. There is more than one meaning to the word 'distinction'.
1. a marking off or distinguishing as different:
6. a distinguishing or treating with special honor, attention, or favor.

It is possible to recognize #1 without engaging in #6. Read the context of the above, 'Distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference', it is talking about taking action based on a difference, not merely acknowledging that one exists.

Now for homework, why don't you try the word 'discriminate' and see what you come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections