U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:40 PM

41,267 posts, read 24,737,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Grover Norquist is no friend of Barak Obama, obviously. He is clearly making race an issue- he said he's just like "john kerry"... only black". That's racist. He could have said "He's just like John Kerry... only less experienced". But instead he chose a racial attribute to define him.
Yes, he's a black liberal. Kerry is a white liberal. He's a black man and we can't say that he is? That is racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
But it wasn't.
Oh, I get it. The reason he shouldn't have been in the ad is because he's a black man. Nevermind that he is the one who committed the crime. Do I have that right?

Quote:
You would know, being a Republican. Gore never mentioned Horton's name. Your boy is wrong. Period. All you can do is scream "nuh-UH!", just like you always do. And I'll laugh, just like I always do.
What's wrong with mentioning his name? He committed the crime due to the insane program in place. So, his image (of a black man) should have been concealed because......why? He was used as an example of the democrats tendencies to be soft on crime - and rightly so. Too bad if he is black. That wasn't the point.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM

262 posts, read 315,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, I get it. The reason he shouldn't have been in the ad is because he's a black man. Nevermind that he is the one who committed the crime. Do I have that right?
Of course not. You're a Republican, which makes you wrong by default. More than one person could have been named. - after all, he wasn't the first person on furlough. Or no names could have been named - Gore managed to pull it off, after all. Was the big problem the furlough, or the black man who raped somebody due to said furlough?

Quote:
What's wrong with mentioning his name?
Nothing at all. But don't cry about when you intentionally stir up the emotions of people like you, then sit back all wide-eyed saying, "What did we do?"

And despite all that, your boy was still wrong, as I'll be pointing out with glee on a daily basis.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
More than one person could have been named. - after all, he wasn't the first person on furlough. Or no names could have been named - Gore managed to pull it off, after all. Was the big problem the furlough, or the black man who raped somebody due to said furlough?
So why should the race or name of a violent felon who commits more violence on a furlough program be spared? Because he's a violent, rapist felon who is black?

It seems to not sink into your head, his race had nothing to do with it. It was the CRIME he commited.

Very simple logic for those not desperate to inject race into every conversation.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
But don't cry about when you intentionally stir up the emotions of people like you
I'm nor crying about it, you are. But only because the guy is black. If he were white, I'm sure you'd have no problem.

The only emotion it stirred was the knowledge that dems/libs are soft on crime and NOT to be trusted.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
The only emotion it stirred was the knowledge that dems/libs are soft on crime and NOT to be trusted.
Which is why this is mentioned in hundreds of history books, law books and newspaper articles as a racist Republican attack during the 1988 election. You're right.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Which is why this is mentioned in hundreds of history books, law books and newspaper articles as a racist Republican attack during the 1988 election. You're right.
The dems/libs are soft on foreign policy to, and perceived that way for MANY YEARS by the electorate. Is there a racist warped interpretation you have of that also?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
The dems/libs are soft on foreign policy to, and perceived that way for MANY YEARS by the electorate. Is there a racist warped interpretation you have of that also?
If you say so, sure. Why not?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
If you say so, sure. Why not?
It's just a perfect illustration of how RACE colors your perspective.

Soft on crime/ soft on foreign policy - dems/libs accused of both.

You choose to cry racism in one and not the other. See the fallacy of your argument?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM

I know you are, but what am I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections